Downloads - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups  - Register  - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in 
Wings Over Wairarapa!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> Sites WW II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snapski
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:50 am    Post subject: Wings Over Wairarapa!!! Reply with quote

Am busy doing sound for a historical airshow this weekend (sat jan 22nd - sun jan 23rd)....trying to organise picturse..(i dont have a digital camera!!) in the mean time, here's a link, advertising the show.....

Today I saw my first Corsair...up in the air with two kittyhawks....UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

See the link below....

http://www.wings.org.nz/

regards..

Snapski..(will post again soon...)
Major_Hippie
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

always awe inspiring, is it not?

hip63 Poke Tounge

hip63's SDOE Airfield
for Missions, Skins &More
snapski
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another quick report: I now have broadband!! (wow!!!) It lasts for 5 minutes, then I have nothing!! ( wow !!!!)

snapski out
FlyXwire
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snapski wrote:
Another quick report: I now have broadband!! (wow!!!) It lasts for 5 minutes, then I have nothing!! ( wow !!!!)

(how are we going to see your Airshow pics that way)

Sad
Choujin
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you get your connection sorted, we'd love to see pics of some of those birds Smile .
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: wings over wairarapa update... Reply with quote

My connection, is well on the way to being sorted..now...where was I?...I finished sound at the show on Sunday. Was a great day...2 mock battles.......

No 1.) WW1, featuring Focker tri-planes & Albatross's for Gerry....and Sopwith's for the Brits...
On the ground, Peter Jackson's "Weta Workshops" (the guys that brought us Gollum) built a full size replica of a British WW1 Tank.....(using a bull dozer, and adapting its tracks...) LOOKED UNBELIEVABLE!! Although made of plywood, even from 3 feet away, it looked like 90 yr old steel!

There were also original German Field Guns.

No 2.) WW2 , Japanese tanks, artilliary, and troops, were "bombed" by a Corsair, 2 Kittyhawks, and a Mustang. The japs sent up "Flak" and the noise was spectacular..

Later on, I got my first look at a REAL CATALINA......it flew like a dream, with some low passes over the airfield..........a highlight...

There were several official photographers on hand, for various NZ aviation publications, so plenty of pics will abound soon...I will give links where possible.......

regards
SNAP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> Sites WW II All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: