Downloads - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups  - Register  - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in 
About the normal Archi...

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> FS-WWI Developers Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WingChaps
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: About the normal Archi... Reply with quote

No, this isn't about the special barrage Archi for the Zep, or whatever kind of Archi we need to threaten the Zep over target...

This is about the Archi we already have. If memory serves, we've adjusted the accuracy/potency back and forth over the years. More or less, I think I tend to advocate bringing it down, and ArgonV tends to make it more deadly.

That MAY, perhaps, have something to do with SDOE's little quirks. Perhaps the Archi performs differently on our computers...

Ideally, I think, like eventually ended up in the Red Baron 3D games there'd be a scale slider for Archi... At one end it's like shooting ducks from a blind, on the other it can't hit the broad side of a barn. But that would be something for VDU, if even possible.

Instead, can we have...

1) the Archi OUTSIDE of the .par file, with instructions and tools on how to break it apart, change the config to adjust it's accuracy, then put it all back together again.

2) Various flavors of Archi, from Blind-As-A-Bat through Advanced-Student and Veteran to Deadeye-Dick, all named the same as our current Archi, and the player can pick which Archi he wants to try, fly a few missions, then replace it with another one till he gets the level of Archi accuracy he wants.

Me, I like archi that makes me move, but doesn't require me to stress the airplane with evasive maneuvers. If AI planes are attacking a target, I'd like the Archi to get one or more, but not all the AI planes.

It may be that I've been spending a lot of time with the 1914/1915 planes, and they may be more fragile, but I doubt it. By the way, I'm cruising on up to the end of that project. Soon I'll need to put something in for Archi, or leave it out and release the two (French/German, English/German) campaigns as is.

WingChaps
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good suggestions! I will make different flavors of the Archi and we can release it for/with your 1914-1915 Pack. I will get a toned down version to you ASAP. Smile

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> FS-WWI Developers Area All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: