Downloads - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups  - Register  - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in 
Got a new laptop!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> Hardware and Drivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: Got a new laptop! Reply with quote

My old one bit the dust... I had a 3-year Service Plan on it thru Best Buy and it got No Lemoned because of too many repairs (Going out for the 4th time to get fixed!) So they junked it out and I applied the purchase price credit towards an HP zv5405us It's one helluva notebook! Big Grin

HP zv5405us Specs

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Blacksheep
Air Commodore - JAG
Air Commodore - JAG

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is almost the exact same laptop I have, I have the HP zv5260us, it has an Athlon 64 3200, 512 mb DDR, same graphics card except my HD is only 60 gigs and not 80. It's pretty sweet, I think you'll like yours Smile

"Fortune favors the bold" - Vergil
=V67= Blacksheep
The Sheeps Pen
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool to hear! I'm glad you're liking yours. How does SDOE run on it!? I haven't gotten around to installing it yet...

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Blacksheep
Air Commodore - JAG
Air Commodore - JAG

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't installed SDOE on it yet because when I'm mobile I usually don't have a joystick with me lol. But I bet it will run great, I can run Call of Duty and Rome Total War on this thing at 1024x768 with no problem so I'm sure SDOE would run at higher settings just as smooth.

=V67= Blacksheep
The Sheeps Pen
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDOE runs pretty well! Playing it with a mouse... Shocked I do want an extra GB of memory tho for all of the programming and photo work I do. But as is this is a really fast laptop for the money! Tell me, what do you do to keep the screen from stretching at 1024x768? Anyway to have the edges limited so the screen wont stretch? Native res is 1280x800

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site

Last edited by ArgonV on Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Blacksheep
Air Commodore - JAG
Air Commodore - JAG

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, I believe when I checked the manual on my laptop when I first got it, it said the Native resolution was 1024x768, which is what I have it set at with no image problems or distortion evident. I also have the 15.4 widecreen display, and when I play Rome TW or CoD at 1024x768 I haven't noticed any stretching problems. Of course, I don't play them frequently on there so I will have to go try them out agian and see if I notice it. We do have slightly different models as well, so perhaps the Native resolutions are different, although I would find that odd being they come from the same exact model set of HP laptops.

=V67= Blacksheep
The Sheeps Pen
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rgr, I havent installed those games yet. My fiance's Sims2 game doesnt stretch at 1024x768 or 800x600 but SDOE does as well as the Windows desktop.

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the native res on this widescreen is 1280x800 Some games stretch the display and some dont. I am impressed with the performace! Even with only 512 mb of system memory and a 64mb dedicated graphics card. Big Grin I can actually play IL-2 FB+ Aces/PF on excellent! Happy

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> Hardware and Drivers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: