Downloads - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups  - Register  - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in 
Medal triggers - help needed
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> FS-WWI Developers Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DDT
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDK man, I'm grasping at straws now. I thought maybe because it was a German aircraft, despite being set as allied in the mission builder.

Ran it with 9 Mauriece Farmans and a lowered trigger and still got nothing. Then I jacked the score of the M-F up to 1500 to save time, still nothing, and the score is being added to the pilot.

Looks like I'll have to post this question in the Tech Forum for wider coverage (tomorrow though).
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a thought, try editing the mission manually. From there you can select which ribbons and such apply I believe.

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
DDT
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a ribbon issue though, the ribbon that was chosen when the mission was first created (a QMB 1v1 mission that I copied and modified in the FMB), still is given when you complete the mission. And when I reach kill milestones, those medals are applied, but not the score.

What I'm thinking is, I've already got the 1000 level award with this pilot, so I'm wondering if it won't re-award that for some reason, and if it's the upper limit for score based awards.

Of course I didn't think of that until I was shutting down last night. lol

I need to make a new pilot to test this theory when I get home tonight. If my temporary mod of the M-F actually gives the full 1500 without issue, then starting a new pilot and giving him the first 2 awards and running the mission, should give me the 1000 level award.

If doing that a second time results in nothing, then I'll know that it won't re-apply score based awards. Then I'll just have to set up missions for the other points based levels and see what happens - because speaking of which, I have 500 and 800 point level awards as well and they never triggered, even after I won the 1000 and continued to score over 1000. I would think that it would drop down to the highest applicable award that wasn't won, which would be the 800. I think I'll set up a 500 point mission before making a new pilot and see what happens there. That should be easy enough.
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AH HAH!! I think that's it!! For some reason I assumed you were deleting the pilot and making a new one each time. Poke Tounge That will teach me to just assume things!

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
DDT
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What bugs me is that I have a 500 point award listed too, and that never gets awarded.

Also, I know I've won British awards multiple times, and score based is the only way I can see an award being winnable more than once - unless they screwed up when shipping SDOE and have the same award listed with 2 different criteria. Will have to investigate that.

But, it would seem to me (assuming the above not to be the case), that the 1000 point award should be re-issued, or the 500 should be issued. Neither is happening.
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you only get awarded one award, the which one which is for the single point range you scored in the mission?

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
DDT
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds feasible, but AFAIK score based awards are winnable multiple times, and intentionally so. It's the only case where criteria from the mission is used on it's own. Everything else is based on cumulative data, and can therefore only be awarded once - in theory.

Also, as I've said, I know I've won awards mulitple times. I guess this is another specific test that needs to be set up. (I'm building a fact file on the results)

It's looking to me as though there are hidden variables at work, and there is also a definite presidence to the award types (kills/count/score).
Recon3
Group Captain
Group Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good research DDT, and interesting thread to read regarding SDOE game engine, etc.
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recon3 wrote:
Good research DDT, and interesting thread to read regarding SDOE game engine, etc.

Thanks. I continued this in a condensed, but more comprehensive, manner in Tech Talk due to the lack of response (other than Argon) here.

http://www.openplanesim.com/viewtopic.php?t=3358

I found the presidence order (Kills > Count > Score), and found that it matched the listing order, but haven't looked into whether re-ordering the list changes the order of presidence or not.

I also found that 500 and 800 could be triggered reliably, but not multiple times, and not 1000 - ever. Which is driving me nuts, since I know the 1000 got awarded before, but now I can't cause it to happen again, even with a new pilot.
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to bump that post. Smile

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> FS-WWI Developers Area All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: