Downloads - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups  - Register  - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in 
Trigger happy!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> Hardware and Drivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeauBrummie
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Trigger happy!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Hello,

I have been using a Saitek Cyborg Evo for over a year now and have been quite happy with it. I play three flight sims, Fighter Squadron: SDOE, B-17& CFS3 . This morning however the guns on all aircraft suddenly started firing and wouldn't stop. The cannons stopped when I hit button 2. but the button 1 (trigger) had generally no effect. Occasionally the trigger being pressed a lot stopped the guns, but it would soon fire off again. This happened instantly, one minute it was fine the next it went crazy. I have uninstalled the SST software and updated the stick's driver, but to no avail. I have unplugged it from the PC and replugged it in, this has no effect, neither has restarting the PC. The only clue I have is that it may be a mechanical problem in the trigger, as when I check out the button operation in the control panel the trigger's response in not as positive as the other button.

I operate on Win XP

Help Beau
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you have checked the stick in 3 applications and the control panel, it looks like a hardware problem to me. If your hardware hacking skills are up to it, you might be able to replace the offending micro switch.

Best of luck
Major_Hippie
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like maybe the button is going bad, you may want to contact Saitek Support

hip63 :Fade-color

hip63's SDOE Airfield
for Missions, Skins &More
BeauBrummie
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys, I e-mailed them last night GMT+1), but I think that's a right diagnosis. I the mean time, I've used the SST software to diable the trigger and am back to using the space key.

Beau
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> Hardware and Drivers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: