Downloads - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups  - Register  - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in 
Anyone Playing FS:SDOE with a Saitek X52?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> Hardware and Drivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klaus
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Location: OH, USA . Near Wright-Patterson AFB & the National Museum of the USAF

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Anyone Playing FS:SDOE with a Saitek X52? Reply with quote

I got an X52 and installed it just a couple of days ago (replaced a M$ Sidewinder Precision 2 joystick). So far a pretty cool set of controls. I'm looking for any tips or suggested configurations from anyone using an X52 for FS:SDOE who would be kind enough share with me. I'm particularly interested in the ways to move rudder control from the stick twist to a slider/rotary on the throttle and moving some functions from the keyboard like flaps, the map, padlock, F2 (inside/outside switch), and I haven't figured out yet how to make the mouse thumbstick work.

Tanx in advance,
2. Don't go near the edges of it.
3. Edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees & outer space. Its much more difficult to fly in the edges.
oscar
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry - I know we are a lot using Saiteks X45 but I have not seen anyone but you so far picking up the X52. And they differ too much, no use giving advice which might be wrong. Anyway, with the SST software itīs not so hard to create the functions you want - once you know which sliders effects what in SDOE. So in your 1.6patch folder look for FSSDOE Joystick.exe - note the effekt of each slider and which are unused. The tricky part is in the keyboard.inp -file where you have to make changes more or less by trial and error.
Make a copy of your existing file, before starting up. General instructions are in the beginning of the file. I would start with the SST and create profiles and naming them in a logical way, print them out and then find the right sliders, and then go to the keyboard.inp file. I promise - itīs not so complicated as it sounds!
oscar
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry - I know we are a lot using Saiteks X45 but I have only seen "Thetonester" posting about the X52. And X45 and X52 differ too much, no use giving advice which might be wrong. Anyway, with the SST software itīs not so hard to create the functions you want - once you know which sliders effects what in SDOE. So in your 1.6patch folder look for FSSDOE Joystick.exe - note the effekt of each slider and which are unused. The tricky part is in the keyboard.inp -file where you have to make changes more or less by trial and error.
Make a copy of your existing file, before starting upp. General instructions are in the beginning of the file. I would start with the SST and create profiles and namoing them in a logical way, print them out and then find the right sliders, and then go to the keyboard.inp file. I promise - itīs not so complicated as it sounds! Good luck - so you can help me when I get me a X-52!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> Hardware and Drivers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: