Downloads - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups  - Register  - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in 
Open Plane Sim Account Activation:

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> General Discussions WW I
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Open Plane Sim Account Activation: Reply with quote

It seems RedRuckOne found a work around for the broken activation link sent in the activation email. You need to add a forums/ after http://www.openplanesim.com/ in the link.

So where lets say your link was this: http://www.openplanesim.com/profile.php?mode=activate&u=578&act_key=0bc48624c003d66

It needs to look like this: http://www.openplanesim.com/forums/profile.php?mode=activate&u=578&act_key=0bc48624c003d66

Hope that helps!

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site

Last edited by ArgonV on Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
RedRuckOne
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me, this may sound a bit rude in some akward way, But don't you have the power to change files on a site your an Administrator to, ArgonV.

And wasn't Argon, apart from that forest in WW1, the Argone Forest, a pesticide company that merged?
Damn, I missed SF: SDOE as I was playing CFS-1, CFS-2 and EAW the whole time and awoke 3 years later to find SF: SDOE, which now has no servers, damn, I soo wanted to kill someone with my B-17F skills, damn.
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, while I can edit posts and such, the Admin Control Panel is no longer available to me... Which is a bummer! Otherwise I could just approve those who could not get the activation page like I used to..

Argon is actually a handle I used to use in the Commanche helo-sim. V stands for 5 as when I first created the screen name on AOL Argons 1-5 were taken.. So I started backwards from 5 in Roman numerals. Toothless Smile

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
RedRuckOne
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SweeT, so what has OpenPlaneSim.com gone down the drain, with the Administration?

Man, if so, then who used to own this domain and site?
ActiVision, yeah well those assholes, like the guys at JoWooD, really piss me off, they closed down the CoD1 site, then JoWooD just let WingS Simulations die if it wasn't such a big thing, then JoWooD just closes down the Panzer Elite sites to make way for Panzer Elite Action, no no, they are going to get an visit from me with an AK-47 with PBS-1 sliencer oneday!
Damn, I missed SF: SDOE as I was playing CFS-1, CFS-2 and EAW the whole time and awoke 3 years later to find SF: SDOE, which now has no servers, damn, I soo wanted to kill someone with my B-17F skills, damn.
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We moved the site to a new server some months back as the one it was on was going to expire. Since then we've had a few quirks..

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
RedRuckOne
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, so someone can edit the files contained on the server, say someone who is an active member of these forums?
And I noticed how the downloads thing does work - nice - so I suppose it's torrents and forum links until someone fixes that aswell.
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, afraid so.. Our site got hacked a couple of years ago and since then things have not been the same... Sad

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
RedRuckOne
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did the hacker get in, like discovered the Admin password, through an open port or the most infamous of them all the old malious Visual Basic Script?
Maybe a Trojan or Virus aswell?

And is there a topic about this hack attack.
MajorMagee
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wahoo I'm finally in... Smile

US Army Ordnance Corps.
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I really have no clue! Sad Moebius would be the one to know..

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
RedRuckOne
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is Moebius a hacker too?

(I'm hacker, yet I use my powers for good rather than bad, I hacked the Google Earth Model format, plus I hacked the registry entries for Star Wars: Battlefront in Best of PC so people could use the BFBuilder moddification/tool on the Best of PC edition. I also wrote the book pretty much on how to port OpenGL programs from C to Visual Basic 5.0/6.0, using the OpenGL 1.1 TypeLibrary, yet at the last minute the OpenGL community lost intrest, so now I'm stuck with 6 VB OpenGL projects and over 10, 000 lines of probably worthless VB6 code.)

My point is there are good hackers, for we would not have AGP Slots on our Motherboards or WindowsXP without them, the original OpenPlane Lead Programmer, Michale or Michele H., when he was working ether on OpenPlane or something else, used assembly insted of this graphics library (like DirectX) in this patch that generated 3D calculation results which were compatible with this graphics library but at nearly half the speed!, that is a good hack, back in '05, John Carmack hacked arround DirectX with assembly so he could use 20000x20000 (yes 20, 000 x 20, 000) sized textures in DooM3, and in id Software tradition, about 6 months later released the whole thing as free source code, Now THAT IS A HACK!
RedRuckOne
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due Note though, that 20000x20000 images can't be edited by MS Paint or viewed by Windows Fax/Image viewer, LoL.

And that a youth worker, when Carmack was 14, said that Carmack has no real future ahead of him, yet he on 32 (or was it 42), wrote the graphics programming single handedly for Wolfenstien3D, DooM and DooM2, yeah no real future, just contributed core code to OpenGL thats all, no biggy.
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is now fixed. Smile

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
osudog
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: It worked for Reply with quote

Me without a problem today so would just like to say hello and will ck back often after I get the game under way
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great!! Smile

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> General Discussions WW I All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: