Downloads - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups  - Register  - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in 
LDOR - II Official Listing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> General Discussions WW II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skid
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From some old notes I had, not guaranteed to be 100% accurate.....

P80b (Pang)
MB5 (Mace)
LesterBoffo
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is this some sort of Luft '46, "what would it be like if the ET air war ran until 1949-50?

Have you guys thought about including the Dornier 335 and 435 Arrow's? The 435 was prototyped to use a pair of the Junkers Jumo 213 24 cylinder/six bank "radials". It would have been a major concern for Allied high altitude bomber groups.
Skid
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LesterBoffo wrote:
So is this some sort of Luft '46, "what would it be like if the ET air war ran until 1949-50?

Have you guys thought about including the Dornier 335 and 435 Arrow's? The 435 was prototyped to use a pair of the Junkers Jumo 213 24 cylinder/six bank "radials". It would have been a major concern for Allied high altitude bomber groups.

It's inspired by Secret Weapons Of The Luftwaffe, an ancient PC game full of the planes Germany never quite got finished Smile

Ah yes, we are blessed with a Do335 (and variant) in the original LDOR planepack Smile No Do435 though.
LesterBoffo
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a friend who does these amazing RC models of Luft '46 stuff who made an electric 67" WS model of the DO 435. I could see if I could get a 3 view from him and some structural details and what not.

At the time I saw it it was in a strictly hand launched, gear-up configuration, it flew like an over powered electric sailplane.

It started life as one of his PSS slope ships, but then he grafted in a pair of Axi outrunner brushless motors and a pair of 3000mAH Lipoly batteries. It made these howling 70 mph plus low passes, yet it was docile enough to be brought in slow and high alpha at about 15 mph to be belly landed in tall grass at the field.

I got to hand launch it, Cool It would just whoosh off like it didn't need much of a toss to come up to speed. You had to watch the rear slicer dicer though.
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skid has sent in his bug report, I'm working on several fixes.

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Snick
Chief of Staff (ret)
Chief of Staff (ret)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skid wrote:
It's inspired by Secret Weapons Of The Luftwaffe, an ancient PC game full of the planes Germany never quite got finished.

Was just rereading things. In all honesty its was inspired by Secret Weapons Over Normandy. On seeing the screenshots for their then proposed sim, (the P38 looked like ours) I was talking to WTG and said "We could do better than *that*. So we did. We lost WTG partway through but picked up Nat shortly after so we didnt lose any momentum. I really wanted to beat their release date (18 Nov 2003) but we placed emphasis on quality. (And face it when you work for free...) Our original release was slated for Dec 24 2003 but we slipped it tio 24 Apr 2004 (and added about 5 planes at the same time. (And nearly fried poor Nats brain in so doing).

"I once made a diving attack on Snick and ended up as a hole in the ground" - Skid
V67_Naturlich
Govt Contractor
Govt Contractor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame I never got that L133 flying properly, but the FM didn't like having rear mounted main wings, and I kinda stopped working on it in the middle of changing it to a similar design to the P79B. It's a cool looking thing tho!
V67_Naturlich
Govt Contractor
Govt Contractor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did I give anyone my Grummen F7F-3? I needs some work but it flying fine far as I can tell.
3dp
Air Commodore - JAG
Air Commodore - JAG

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Allied Legacy pack is next on the release schedule, so if someone can bring the F7F up to 'Legacy' standard (i.e. reasonable but still a little rough), that would be a perfect place to bundle it into.Smile
Skid
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Tigercat would be soooooo cool Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> General Discussions WW II All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: