Downloads - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups  - Register  - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in 
Things I Miss from the Old Days...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> General Discussions WW II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even remember what the DVD came with sadly... Sad The step by step should have links to the latest versions of whatever files Rends sent you.

You can install 1.6.0.7 to its own folder, it will take the proper ini and inp files from the main SDOE directory. That way if no one is using 1.6.0.7 you still have 1.6.0.6

Pandora's box indeed! Wink

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Karaya_Two
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no probs mate. I have successfully installed from the dvd and the 2 files from Rends (multiplayer fix and the the propertyfilefix 117?) and so far all working well except I cant get the game to recognize my joystick even when I use the last working keyboard.inp from my last online install in 2009. I haven't yet d/l 1607 but I'm seriously thinking about it! If I can get my joystick issue sussed i'll be a very happy chappy indeed Smile Not too sure how I'll go with online compatability with anyone else but that can be worked out i am sure. Wow it's just soo amazing to be playing this old girl again! Smile
Blind_Faith
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You joystick setup is in your ini file.
Karaya_Two
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Blind_Faith thanks. Would that be the sdemons.ini file? I'm assuming it is as I can't find any other .ini files. I have my steering coupled to rudder but only get left rudder. I get no throttle or climb and can't roll / yaw to either side either. As far as I can see my keyboard.inp is setup correctly with commands for joystick inputs. Ill have to keep tinkering with it. Smile
Karaya_Two
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I think I know why my joystick is only partially working. I've just discovered that the software for the stick has know compatibility issues with windows7. I'm upgrading to the new software now so hopefully that'll fix the issues. If not I may have to take the stick apart and clean it out. It hasn't really been used since 2009!
Blind_Faith
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are on the right track

use FSSDOEJoystick.exe

the ini to select your joy

to mesure your success... Good luck!
Karaya_Two
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Blind_Faith..I ran the FSSDOEJoystick.exe and discovered that I get no response from the sliders for Axis': Joystick Z, Joystick RX and Joystick RY. The Logitech Extreme 3D Pro has a twist stick for the rudder control and using this program it's slider works correctly. I have no probs with the Joystick flying iL2 so I know it still works, just cant figure out why not in sdoe. I aint been able to download the win7 software yet for the JS as my internet is very slow at the moment but figure if it still works fine in iL2 it should here... I also recall a similar problem years ago when i first got it for SDOE and there was a fix for it somewhere on the forums and or also possibly something to do with the Logitec JS Profiler and SDOE and Global profile settings...thanks for you help! Smile
Smokey
Air Commodore - JAG
Air Commodore - JAG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to edit the keyboard.inp file in your patch directory to match
what FSSDOEJoystick.exe is telling you. Open the file with notebook and
scroll down until you find this:

;---------------------------------
;
; Primary flight controls
;

inpStickXAnalog = JoystickAxisX
inpStickYAnalog = JoystickAxisY

inpRudderAnalog = JoystickAxisRZ

Yours may look different.
Edit so this matches what joystick.exe is telling you.
Scroll on down until you find this:

inpThrottleAnalog = Joystickslider1 : 0

Again yours may look different.

Edit this setting to match joystick.exe throttle axis.

Save the file and your done. Make sure you use the keyboard.inp
in your patch directory and not the one in the main sdoe directory.
Karaya_Two
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Smokey Smile Thanks for your help. I am using the DVD install and therefore there is only the one Keyboard.inp file in the main FS directory. App.exe is installed there along with FS.exe. The dvd installer didn't setup a separate patch folder and dump app.exe into it along with a copy each keyboard.inp and sdemons.ini. So I have only the 1 of each file in my main FS dir and my keyboard.inp file reads the same as yours does above. My throttle is working fine. Just no right rudder control, climb or right roll capability.

If I dl and install 1607 and into it's own patch folder does the patch come with it's own keyboard.inp and sdmons.ini files? I can't remember anymore lol. Thanks again Smile
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It copies from the original FS folder.

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Karaya_Two
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thanks ArgonV. I'll d/l 1607 and install it asap and see how it goes.
Cheers,

K2
Karaya_Two
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys...anybody still around? Guess what..? I have done another complete reinstall from the dvd and so far a successful re-install but guess what..I am having the same rotten Joystick problems all over again as before Crying .. I have the latest drivers for my same Logitech 3D Extreme Pro JS and I have also run the FSSDOE Joystick App to check that. It recognises my JS and tells me my throttle slider is working on JoystickSlider1, my climb and dive on JoyStickAxisY, my ailerons on JoystickAxisX and my Twist Rudder on JoyStickRZ. The problem is that in actual game, I have no climb, no right rudder and no right aileron for banking and my throttle is only operating at about 60%.

My keyboard.inp file has no ; in front of the respective lines so that can't be the problem and my throttle is set up as inpThrottleAnalog = JoystickSlider1 : 0

here's an extract of my Keyboard.inp file:

================================================================================
;
; ACTUAL INPUT MAP
;
;================================================================================

[COMMANDS]

;
; Primary flight controls
;

inpStickXAnalog = JoystickAxisX
inpStickYAnalog = JoystickAxisY

;
; Engine
;

; The 0 on inpToggleEngineState indicates that all the engines should be toggled.
; Individual engines may be controlled with a 1, 2, 3, etc.
inpToggleEngineState = Bounce JoystickButton9 | E : 0
inpSetEngineState = Shift E : 0 1 | Control E : 0 0 | Shift 1 : 1 1 | Control 1 : 1 0 | Shift 2 : 2 1 | Control 2 : 2 0 | Shift 3 : 3 1 | Control 3 : 3 0 | Shift 4 : 4 1 | Control 4 : 4 0

inpThrottleAnalog = JoystickSlider1 : 0
inpThrottleUpDigital = Equals : 0 5 | NumpadAdd : 0 5
inpThrottleDownDigital = Minus : 0 5 | NumpadSubtract : 0 5

Even when I couple the rudder to aileron control in options I still do not have any steerage control and still no right aileron!! And...even if I check on 'Invulnerability in options..I still suffer damage as if this option is not checked! Wtf, lol!

This is soo frustrating! I have not yet installed the propertyfix file or the multiplayer fix file yet as I just want to get my stick working first! Neither am I yet running 1.6.0.7 yet, but probs will do so into its own folder at some stage.

Perhaps I should do away with the dvd install altogether and just start from scratch .. I really want to get this back up and running again on my win7 ultimate install. At first, the install would ctd until I read a help post not to install the game to Program files and just to C:drive only and now the game runs.

Any ideas on where to go from here? If I uninstall the dvd install and start from scratch can anybody please point me in the right direction for all the files i need again? Thanks very much! Smile

Cheers,

K2
Karaya_Two
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well..after many hours working on this install to get my throttle, rudder and aileron controls working and using different 'known' working versions of my keyboard.inp file and with the same result I am beginning to wonder if the problem is now more hardware related..? I can no longer verify that my stick works in il2 1946 cuz I can't get it to install with win7 so i have no real way of determining if my stick is now faulty or not. Crazy thing is is that the FSSDOE Joystick program picks up the stick and the respective slider for throttle and other axis inputs all work so I am at a loss as to why not in game. If I could get my hands on another stick to try then that might shed some light into this. I know for a fact though that I had a perfectly working setup in 2009 when I last was flying online..I suppose the stick's internal components could fail somewhat in that time...but why then does it work on the FSSDOE prg?
Karaya_Two
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally..! problems solved Happy .. I now have fully functioning ailerons and rudder and throttle! Turns out I had to set the slider values in the in game options for Joystick & Rudder input to exactly middle on deadzone and sensitivity for both! Why I never remembered this from in the past I can only put down to getting old..er! Poke Tounge Now to install those two fixes.. I wonder if there's any online support still with HL..anybody know? Gonna go check! Smile
oscar
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! Joy stick problems has often been a topic in the forum Poke Tounge
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> General Discussions WW II All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: