Downloads - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups  - Register  - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in 
More FlightGear planes,
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> General Discussions WW I
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LesterBoffo
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clouds are generally turned on in the 3rd page of FGrun in 'Advanced Settings' check the box marked 3D Clouds and once you're running in FG, open the menu (F10) select Views>Rendering and enable the Ambient Light Scattering and slide all the ALS settings, except the Urban, to full.

With your machine, you should be able to crank in lots of Trees, clouds and cloud visibility, also in the Rendering Dialog box, (Make sure you are connected so you get a local METAR from the closest airport..) Open Menu>Environment>Effects to tweak the shaders for ground appearance and enable in the nice looking reflection and water effects. going to Menu>Environment>Weather dialog box for weather settings, set Advanced weather settings so you get the nice cloud tesxtures, the cloud ground shadows, and to make the clouds respond to ground elevation forcing.
LesterBoffo
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I thought I'd post another FG online adventure we had. A Centenary online flight for commemorating the M-Farman 11 equipped Escadrille MF-29 raid from Belfort on Oct 12th 1916, the bombing of the Mauser factory in Oberndorf. We had about 6 folks join. Of course everyone wanted to fly the Eindekker. Hard to get Gallic plane love happening.

I should have mentioned this event earlier as it would have been nice to have you join us. We are planning a WWI plane segment of the ongoing monthly USA Tour
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are some great shots! Looked like a jolly good time ole chap. Wink I would sadly have been unable to attend this weekend, I was out of town working on my family's land.

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> General Discussions WW I All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: