# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next  :| |:
OpenPlaneSim Forums -> General Discussions WW II

#16:  Author: SnickLocation: Florida, USA PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:26 pm
    —
I bought this game with my first PC ever back when I was in 10th grade

NOW I feel old... Wink Too bad nealG isn't around, he is older. hehehe

#17:  Author: PatsyTwoLocation: Vida, ORYGUN PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:26 am
    —
Pete Hawk . . . I miss Pete Hawk!

#18:  Author: Jeeves PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:39 pm
    —
I miss Tailslide, kopper, Gustang, and all the other old farts who used to shoot me down online Wink I still see TS on MSN Messenger every now and then...

#19:  Author: JerryLocation: Sherwood, Oregon PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:32 pm
    —
I miss Siggi! I used to go round and round with him - but in a good hearted exchange of polictical views. I think he and I were the reasons Flame Wars was created. Cool He was one of the original guys. Ended up starting his own IL-2 board. He was thrown off some other board. Siggi always kept things lively. Smile

Despite our differences, I miss DanW too. He contributed some great skins. A real artist.

#20:  Author: PachyLocation: The City of Light PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:08 pm
    —
Speaking about artists, I remember Yardstick.

#21:  Author: Major_HippieLocation: groovy galaxy PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:54 pm
    —
If you REALLY wanna take walk down SDOE Memory Lane, look here:
the module is active but not linked to ATM:
http://site.openplanesim.com/modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=viewlink&cid=6

Archer's Site
Biggle's Site
Panzer's Site

Many are there Smile

If you wanna make NEW SDOE Memories then go here:
http://openplanesim.com/modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=viewlink&cid=1

hip63 #Fadeing color

#22:  Author: TheFlyingFinn26ACLocation: Kemi, Finland PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:46 pm
    —
I miss Simfiles...

Thatīs one of the first sites I found about 6 years ago... took a while to download those cool planes with 28.8 modem...but it was well worth it...

Very Happy

Ah..those were the days...

#23:  Author: SkidLocation: Kent, England PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:12 pm
    —
TheFlyingFinn26AC wrote:
I miss Simfiles...

Thatīs one of the first sites I found about 6 years ago... took a while to download those cool planes with 28.8 modem...but it was well worth it...

Spot on Finn !! Simfiles was a treasure trove of wonders. Downloading a plane took forever on 28.8, let alone all the parts of a terrain Smile

#24:  Author: NealgLocation: Tracy, Calif USA PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:10 pm
    —
Hey All!!! Dang, I get suckered in to these memory lane threads.... Laugh

I lurk here, and the SimHQ board for SDOE, occasionally to see what the old sim is up to. Still the best time of my life, PC and sim-wise, and the continuing dedication of this community brings fond smiles to my otherwise ugly countenance. Smile I fly strictly offline now, with IL2 and BoBII:WOV, the latter of which I have had limited involvement with as a beta tester. And yes, the Spitfire continues to be my favorite ride.... Cool

The sites, and names, mentioned here so far bring back many fond memories of pleasant times and good companions. ( Duck!! It's a Hedgehog!! Pardon that one...inside humor...hehe ).

You folks rock! May you, and SDOE, go on forever!!!

#25:  Author: JerryLocation: Sherwood, Oregon PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:58 pm
    —
Nealg, my gawd! Now there's a name from the past! Wow! Does this bring back a lot of memories! Happy How ya doin'?

#26:  Author: SnickLocation: Florida, USA PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:12 am
    —
I assure you, he is a feisty as ever... One day i WILL get him to fly LDOR and some of the other new things we have.. Wink

#27:  Author: NealgLocation: Tracy, Calif USA PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:59 pm
    —
LOL!! Feisty? ME?????

Jerry...doing well, all things considered. And the older I get, the more there seems to be to consider. Laugh

I can almost see TS reading my above inside humor remark, smiling ruefully, and thinking 'They just never understood him.'. Smile

So many memories....once, TS, as a birthday present to me, let me shoot him down. Flew straight and level as he could...still took me almost 10 minutes, hehe!

And we had a female pilot for a while -- for my life, I cannot recall her handle -- who was nearly as good as TS. When they would fly as a team, nearly impossible to beat. I recall shooting her down once....a very lucky deflection shot...and I felt I had to apologize profusely for doing it!!!

And Snicking.....I still do it in IL2, against the AI. About half the time, it results in the AI nosing right into the ground....the other half, it's my AI wingmen who crash trying to follow. Smile

One can wonder, as a philosophic question -- is it the community that makes this sim great, or the sim that makes this community great? But in the end, it's irrelevant.....no matter what you play, if you didn't at least start with SDOE ( and, yes, EAW ), you missed a important part of combat simming and community involvement and caring.

#28:  Author: ArgonVLocation: Texas, USA PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:26 am
    —
Wow man! Good to see you around these parts. Smile

#29:  Author: PeteHawk PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:34 am
    —
Good to see you guys are all still around and doing neat things with OP. I miss the good ol' days.

Smile

#30:  Author: PatsyTwoLocation: Vida, ORYGUN PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:46 pm
    —
Is there anyone one of the administrators that can affect some kind of instant "rank" change - it is embarrassing in the extreme to see one of the founding fathers labeled "cadet" in spite of his many contributions to this alternate universe! Welcome Back Air Force!!

OpenPlaneSim Forums -> General Discussions WW II

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next  :| |:
Page 2 of 14