Step by Step SDOE Install Instructions with links to files
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
OpenPlaneSim Forums -> General Discussions WW II

#31:  Author: LesterBoffoLocation: SW Oregon PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:16 pm
    —
ArgonV wrote:
Is this it here?

http://www.ausgamers.com/files/download/30874/fighter-squadron-screamin-demons-over-europe-dvd-iso

Yeah that's the one, It's how I got my copy of SDoE. I downloaded the complete file and mounted it to an .iso, so it could be burned to disk.

It's a huge file, better have a few cups of coffee and a good book to read, probably not as nasty a download as War-Thunder though.

And to think I downloaded TargetWare completely on dial-up, boy was I naive.

#32:  Author: Blind_FaithLocation: Sherbrooke QC Canada PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:22 pm
    —
that is it...

I still have it as a 28 parts RAR

#33: FS:SDOE torrent from Ausgamers Author: PatsyTwoLocation: Vida, ORYGUN PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:58 am
    —
I have downloaded it twice, burned it to DVD twice, loaded it twice on another computer with Windows 98 and stepped easily through all of the requirements to load, only to get to the final box that pops-up at the end to a little DOS screen, which ends up looking like this . . .

#34:  Author: ArgonVLocation: Texas, USA PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:21 pm
    —
As WWI is its own thing now, I don't think that script matters. Does the game start if you find and launch App.exe?

#35: Re: FS:SDOE torrent from Ausgamers Author: Blind_FaithLocation: Sherbrooke QC Canada PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:56 pm
    —
PatsyTwo wrote:
I have downloaded it twice, burned it to DVD twice, loaded it twice on another computer with Windows 98 and stepped easily through all of the requirements to load, only to get to the final box that pops-up at the end to a little DOS screen, which ends up looking like this . . .

I think The DVD was meant to be used on an XP SP3 and up installation.

I think it worked on my early 7 in 32 bits. If I have a chance I will try on an 7 64 bits. I don't burn disks anymore I use Magicdisc to mount the ISO to a virtual drive. Cool

edit 1!
Crying no way it hangs even earlier then for you!

I have been copying and restoring backups for years now... looks like I will keep on doing this.

edit 2!
it was locking in a conflict with Setpoint the logitech mouse software.

#36:  Author: PatsyTwoLocation: Vida, ORYGUN PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:03 pm
    —
Thanks, B.F. - that makes sense, inasmuch as the last machine I ran it on had an XP SP3 os. I'll keep futzing . . . Smile

#37:  Author: ArgonVLocation: Texas, USA PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:50 pm
    —
You still should be able to install on a Win 7 x64 machine from the CD if you go to the CD Drive:\setup\setup.exe file. Just be sure to NOT install it into the Program Files directory.

#38:  Author: oscarLocation: Sweden PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:47 pm
    —
I have mounted the "DVD" and successfully installed on win 7 64 bit and win 8 64 bit - runs great.
But I get into trouble when adding improvements released later which are not in the download.
It would be really nice with an uppdated version - considering there is not much development made it could be called the "SDOE Final Version". But some kids might get hold of it, be fascinated and start developing work so it is better to label it "SDOE 2015".
But ...this is just wishful thinking... Poke Tounge Poke Tounge
Or???

#39:  Author: ArgonVLocation: Texas, USA PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:01 pm
    —
Which updates are giving you issues sir?

#40: How amazing! Author: TheFlyingFinn26ACLocation: Kemi, Finland PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:32 pm
    —
Hey guys...

A little worry creeped at me, cause my old faithful computer seems to be meeting itīs end. No other worries except all the SDOE files.

But hey...they all are here and all the necessary links seems to be working. How great is that!

Now my SDOEing is secured in the future aswell, great!

Thanks guys!

Happy

#41:  Author: ArgonVLocation: Texas, USA PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:55 pm
    —
SDOE still works on modern systems, you could copy it to a thumb drive, then to a new system and update the sdemons.ini file to reflect the new path. If any one notices any broken links, please let me know. Smile

#42:  Author: PachyLocation: The City of Light PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:56 pm
    —
LesterBoffo wrote:
ArgonV wrote:
Is this it here?

http://www.ausgamers.com/files/download/30874/fighter-squadron-screamin-demons-over-europe-dvd-iso

I'm wondering if it's still possible to download this? The Ausgamer download failed on me and I could not find any mirrors of it. Thanks in advance!

#43:  Author: ArgonVLocation: Texas, USA PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:52 am
    —
I will see if I can download it tomorrow, run a virus scan on it, and upload it to my server.

#44:  Author: ArgonVLocation: Texas, USA PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:45 pm
    —
I could not download the file either, getting a Not Found message. I sent in an inquiry to AusGamers.

#45:  Author: PachyLocation: The City of Light PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:43 pm
    —
Thank you! I should keep the CD safe somewhere and burn a DVD with my favourite addons, just in case!

OpenPlaneSim Forums -> General Discussions WW II

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
Page 3 of 4