Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
OpenPlaneSim Forums -> Jade's Playpen

#31:  Author: ArgonVLocation: Texas, USA PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:05 pm
    —
LesterBoffo wrote:
I should post up some screenshots from FlightGear, but then again I should also post up some screenshots from SDoE.

I downloaded the SDoE .ISO with all the recent improvements, installed it and added all the plane packs I could find here in the forum and online. It boggles the mind all the various missions available, I know these are really old hat but there's a lot of fun left in this old sim.

Indeed SDOE's WW2 offerings are very diverse and at many stages of completion. I wish the tools could of matured more so modders weren't so discouraged by the difficulty and the steep learning curve so things could of gotten farther with SDOE.

Say, got any new POF models for me to import and code by any chance? Wink

I'd love to see pics either way!

#32:  Author: ArgonVLocation: Texas, USA PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:40 pm
    —
Well, with the Steam sales and games I got with the purchase of a new graphics card I've been having all kinds of gaming goodness going on lately!

I've aquired Sleeping Dogs, Hitman: Absolution, the Iron Clads collection, Skyrim Dawnguard and Hearthfire, Farcry 3 on the way, The Walking Dead, and Planetside 2 free-to-play.

I also picked up the new Iron Sky DVD file about Nazis from space (Sci-fi comic) and the Firefox DVD.

Happy

Sadly though, I haven't touched anything SDOE related in some months... I'm just not motivated to mod right now.

#33:  Author: RattlesnakeLocation: Nebraska USA PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:58 pm
    —
Good to see some of the old FS folks here still. I dont know what made me check into SDOE today but something made me wonder what was up with the community these days. I hope all is well !

I dont do online gaming other than play my teenage Son's PS3 online (Unchartered 3) very little. Family keeps me busy.

Happy New Year !!

Rattlesnake
-=BAB=-

#34:  Author: ArgonVLocation: Texas, USA PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:49 pm
    —
Nice to see you around sir! And a happy new year to you as well. These days I am rather busy spending time with the wife and friends, and playing World of Tanks and Rise of Flight.

#35: Good to see everyone! Author: Tailslide1 PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:35 pm
    —
I'm still around too.. I have a couple boys that keep me busy these days. (9 and 5 yrs old). We've been playing a lot of minecraft.

Anyways, missed you all and was relieved to see the door is still open here!

#36:  Author: TheFlyingFinn26ACLocation: Kemi, Finland PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:53 am
    —
Up an running aswell in Finland...ocaasinally SDOEing for me...real life can sometimes be really....erhm...busy...but, still hangin around in hangars.
btw, good to see you all!

#37:  Author: SmokeyLocation: Central Illinois PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:44 pm
    —
Hey Tailslide good to see ya, you too Finn. Yep, the place is a little dusty
but it's still kickin'.Smile

#38:  Author: ArgonVLocation: Texas, USA PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:44 pm
    —
FlyingFinn and Tailslide! Happy Real good to see you gents. SDOE got a bit of recognition by some old-timers in the SimHQ forums in a thread talking about game engines: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3731822/2

Real life can be super busy, yesterday I was out with a bad sinus infection all day and had to take my car to the local Ford repair shop at the dealer for a new front wheel bearing... Today I had to get my wifey to drive me to work so we had to leave extra early.

Would of responded sooner, but I was out for a 4 day weekend for Valentines day with my lady.

#39:  Author: ArgonVLocation: Texas, USA PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:10 am
    —
Well gents I'm still really big into playing World of Tanks and Supreme Commander a lot with a good buddy of mine. Skyrim and Rise of Flight also take up a good portion of my time. I've got a ton of other new PC games but I've yet to play most of them beyond setting them up for the first time and going through the controls! LoL.

Any titles you gents have picked up that you're liking?

#40:  Author: LesterBoffoLocation: SW Oregon PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:40 am
    —
I've discovered a new car racing sim, Speed dreams 2.0, which is based on the old TORCS race sim engine. The neat thing about it is it's open source and the 3dmodels are either .ac or .acc files. The race course terrains can be made from .ac files as well and can be completely done from scratch without needing any conversion programs.

An .acc file is an .ac converted so it has self reflectivity and shadowing. It runs under PLIB Open GL, and there's some work afoot to make it run under OpenSceneGraph which FlightGear uses.

.ac's are converted with a commandline converter called ac2acc

Link to SD2.0

http://www.speed-dreams.org/

FlightGear has improved its terrain some with really accurate roads and more precise terrain modelling for Europe. I just wish there was some way to include in FG the nice weapons and damage modelling that SDoE has.

OpenPlaneSim Forums -> Jade's Playpen

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
Page 3 of 3