Gone But Not Forgotten
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

OpenPlaneSim Forums -> Sites WW II

#1: Gone But Not Forgotten Author: blue_sixLocation: Winnipeg, Canada PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:23 pm
    —
As well as dropping in here from time to time, I've made a point of periodically checking out Scorpion Rouge's old website, in the faint hope that there might be some small sign of life. There never was, but it was somehow pleasing just to browse through his various projects, ranging from the Walrus biplane to the Horsa glider, the Beaufort, the SM79 and much more. He had a taste for the unusual, and I always enjoyed working with him on the FMs - his beta models invariably came to me in near final condition and with perfect symmetry.

Sadly, the lights appear to have gone out at his site, recently - not unexpected, as it's been more than ten years since we've heard from him.

Merci et au revoir, mon ami.

blue six

#2:  Author: 3dpLocation: Delaware PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:47 am
    —
Well said sir. He was one of the greats of our hobby.

#3:  Author: ArgonVLocation: Texas, USA PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:34 pm
    —
I noticed his site was offline the other week. I wish I knew what really happened, last I heard he was quite ill.

#4:  Author: Blind_FaithLocation: Sherbrooke QC Canada PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:42 am
    —
I can still access the site and some downloads.

http://scorpion-rouge.pagesperso-orange.fr/pages/accueilpag.html

I am sure I read somewhere that his wife had contacted a member saying that his health had taken a turn to the worse and that he would "never" go back to his hobby.

Somehow I thought it was you blue_six that published this news

#5:  Author: blue_sixLocation: Winnipeg, Canada PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:27 am
    —
Thanks Blind Faith, looks like it's back up again.

Here's a link to the last messages we rec'd from our friend SR, courtesy of his daughter, Caroline:

http://www.openplanesim.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4225&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

blue six

#6:  Author: ArgonVLocation: Texas, USA PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:07 pm
    —
Site is still up and going for me now! Yay. Smile

OpenPlaneSim Forums -> Sites WW II

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1