Downloads - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups  - Register  - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in 
The Last Days Of the Reich (released)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> General Discussions WW II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rendsburger
Group Captain
Group Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itīs simple to answer PV,
i tried some loopings before and didnīt notice that the plane speed went slow. Too slow for the next one.
I had the nose up but then the plane braked left and i came in trouble with a flat spin. A few secs later i was able to drop the nose but the plane was still spinning. I pressed my stick to the opposite side but nothing changed. then i used the rudder but with no succsess too. Then i went into F2 view to check if the rudder is working or not. It was the case but i was still falling from the sky. Then i thought hey it might looking good to see it in flybyview.And there i took the picture. Just before i rammed the plane into ground the spinning stopped and i was able to get control back. Guess i was in serios trouble for about 20 secs or so.

Rends
Snick
Chief of Staff (ret)
Chief of Staff (ret)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the FM quality control check for the 283... Wink Great pic BTW Rends.... Shocked

"I once made a diving attack on Snick and ended up as a hole in the ground" - Skid
Jeeves
Air Commodore - JAG
Air Commodore - JAG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Razer wrote:
campaign

Hmm...not sure why there would be any campaign missions in the Pack since Blacksheep and I aren't done with any of them....if they are in there- they must be early versions.....and not intended for public consumption Sad

That was me...Razer-- are the 3 missions you mention named?? If so, please tell me which ones lock and if they are one of mine, I can take a look see...those were beta missions that have been since tweaked.

I am working on the initial scenario for the pack-- starting at D-Day. It is about halfway done, maybe more....but if there are possible problems, it helps to know which mission...

Jeeves =FC=
Razer
Group Captain
Group Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok maybe not a campaign mission but the one under missions/ldotr/ i see three missions A, B , and C. A doesn't work. These are the only missions i have. Haven't checked training.
Jeeves
Air Commodore - JAG
Air Commodore - JAG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Training missions should work fine afaik....they all reflect only BP and LDOR planes...and Static Ground Unit pack objects....

The scenario missions will include Legacy planes in some instances, so if one doesn't have them installed, the missions may crash as you say....I'll look at my first three scenario missions to see if there are any odd planes in there when I get a chance tonight...

Jeeves =FC=
Snick
Chief of Staff (ret)
Chief of Staff (ret)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ldotr? I will have to break someones fingers.. Wink

"I once made a diving attack on Snick and ended up as a hole in the ground" - Skid
Razer
Group Captain
Group Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've enjoyed it so far but my b-26s can't stand up to any of those fast movers germany has now. They could hold thier own on 163s sometimes but now they get waxed every time.

Coming Soon: FSHangar.org
Dinga
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanyou to all the LDOR Team.

I can see a lot of effort has gone into putting this addon pack together and it really shows.I have only flown three aircraft so far and I must say they have all preformed well above my expectations, which were rite up there before I even installed LDOR!I have a feeling its just going to get better and better.

Dinga
Jeeves
Air Commodore - JAG
Air Commodore - JAG

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeeves wrote:
Training missions should work fine afaik....they all reflect only BP and LDOR planes...and Static Ground Unit pack objects....

The scenario missions will include Legacy planes in some instances, so if one doesn't have them installed, the missions may crash as you say....I'll look at my first three scenario missions to see if there are any odd planes in there when I get a chance tonight...

Yup-- it looks as though my first few scenario missions are still in the pack. That one is the evening before D-Day-- so I have a few non-BP planes in there:

Bf-110 G-4 NJ
Hurricane Mk II
Mossie Mk VI Invasion

I should've been more observant of whether my missions were in the pack or not...Legacy wasn't meant to be a requirement for LDOR so I should've pulled those missions...my bad guys!! The campaign will be done soon and Legacy is required for that....

Jeeves =FC=
Ugo Tarzanelli

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

sorry to be a pain, but I have problems with LDOR. I have installed it as instructed and added the necessary lines to the startup.ppf file, but all I can see is 3 missions set in Dover (called A, B and C) and nothing else. Moreover, I am not able to launch any of these three mission, the loading crashes to the desktop. I know the planes were extracted fine because I tested them using mission editor, but it seems to me that I am missing something here. Is there any trick/suhhestion you could pass on?

Thanks a lot

Ugo
Snick
Chief of Staff (ret)
Chief of Staff (ret)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razer wrote:
I've enjoyed it so far but my b-26s can't stand up to any of those fast movers germany has now. They could hold thier own on 163s sometimes but now they get waxed every time.

And here is proof positive to the concept of LDOR. WHAT IF Germany had gotten these planes in the air in sufficient numbers to stop or seriously impede tha bombing attack against Germanys manufacturing industries... However we did include that Meteors and the P79B so it didn't become too lopsided.... I believe the proper phrase is (gulp) balance...

Make sure you finish you excellent B26 though (I remember seeing one fly into Chino once. I could identify it because of the model you had already done!)

Tarzanelli

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, me again

Please disregard my previous message, next time before complaining I'll make sure I read all the messages in the forum. Sorry.

I look forward to the first campaign

What kind of legacy pack will we need?

Thanks a lot, I love this game

Ugo
Snick
Chief of Staff (ret)
Chief of Staff (ret)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the training missions you need the BP (it wont run without it) and several additional terrains and patch 1.6.0.5 as a mimimum. These were listed in the readme file during install... Bavaria, Smolensk and one other (I am at work so this is from memory)...

V67_Naturlich
Govt Contractor
Govt Contractor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Scenario mssions you may need to have legacy installed, but thats Jeeves area, he'd know better than me. The scenario missions in LDOR atm were 3 early ones that Jeeves sent me and i think they do need Legacy, maybe they should have been pulled from the release, but you know, it just seemed better to leave them in there for the release so yuo guys had something other than just the training missions to fly, so even though they are early versions and not tweaked up, I think it was good to have included them Smile
V67_Naturlich
Govt Contractor
Govt Contractor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to ask.. has anyone tried flying one of the following aircraft after being shot up till the part gives off dark smoke, and if so, got any feedback on the way the plane handles once this happens?

G41A Metoer MkI
G41F Meteor F-4
FwTa283
JuEf126
Su9
Su11
Do335A2
Do335M13
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> General Discussions WW II All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: