Downloads - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups  - Register  - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in 
My Newly Upgraded System:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> Hardware and Drivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karaya_Two
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey ArgonV that sure is the sweetest setup my eyes have ever drooled over..!! love it and soo envious! Smile

Cheers,

K2 Cool
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you sir!

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well gents, I've been busy once more!

I got ahold of the Uber II Nxt gimbals by IJ and two Midori hall effect sensors for my HOTAS Cougar a monthish ago. I got that installed and it has totally renewed my 9 yr. old Cougar! I was tired of replacing pots and the stock gimbals every 3 years... I also plan on getting the HOTAS Cougar throttle bushings by IJ next month.

Also got a Buttkicker Gamer 2 and Playseat mount for my Playseat Flight chair! Installed it over the weekend - I had to improvise the mount location a bit by drilling a hole in the cross brace plate and buying a different nut, but the end result turned out great. This adds a whole other dimension to simming and gaming!

Buttkicker Gamer 2 mounted to the back cross brace plate of the Playseat Flight:

Closer view of the mount:

Wires routed down the right side, Buttkicker Amp off on the right side of my desk on the floor, Buttkicker remote velcro'd to the bottom joystick plate.

You can't see it but I sandwitched in some round furniture pads on the hex cap bolts between the brace plate and the seat to cancel out any metal-on-metal vibrations.

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I broke the Sniper button on my M60 mouse so I had to buy a new one...

I also went ahead and bought a Orico USB 3.0 4-port PCIe card as my PC doesn't have USB 3.0 on the motherboard.

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mouse came in last Wednesday, working great! Also my USB 3.0 4-port card came in today. I re-arranged some 4-pin molex connectors and got it installed. Drivers loaded up quick and it tested good! Happy

IJ mailed out the newly-created throttle bushings to me this past weekend. I should see them in a few weeks and get them installed into my HOTAS Cougar throttle then.

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOTAS Cougar Throttle UTM bushings from IJ came in last night! Got them lubed up and installed today. The throttle feels so smooth now. Happy

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gents, I went ahead and picked up some Hi-Fi headphone for music listening. Bought them off of Amazon - Focal Spirit Classic cans, and I can tell you these babies rock for listening to tunes!

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stand came in today!

So far, lovin it all. The stand is solid, and heavy. The thing is not tipping over.

The headphones are a blast! Wink Only got a little tired of wearing them after 3 hours...

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After years with my TM Elite rudder pedals I decided I needed something wider and with a better sensor. A fine gent at SimHQ had a modded TM RCS with a Hall sensor that would work perfectly with my HOTAS Cougar! These arrived today. I lubed up the squeaky pieces and zip tied these into place:

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my rear case fan of 10 years was starting to die on me... I took the bearings out and relubbed them, but could only get it back up to about 1100 rpm instead of the 1500 rpm it was. Not wanting to risk total failure I decided to buy a new 120mm rear case fan to match my front ones:

These are the Xigmatek Case Cooling Fan XLF-F1253

I had to do a small rewire. The old fan was controlled from a knob at the rear, but could read out to a front fan controller. Now I can both control and read the stats of the rear fan.

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
hunter
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice " cockpit " ArgonV
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have gone and done it again... Last week I ordered the AMD XFX R9 295x2 and a Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1200W power supply to support the card from Newegg. I just got them all in this afternoon and up and running this evening. I had to totally rewire my case because the modular cables from the Thermaltake TR2 700W power supply I had were not compatible!

Last week for a very short time the XFX R9 295x2 was on sale for $800 U.S. after rebate (Normally $1000-$1500, and $829.99 before rebate) so I could not pass it up! The power supply was also on sale luckily so I walked away with only spending $1046ish on Newegg with no taxes and $6.32 shipping! Happy

My rig without the side panel for now:

The AMD 295x2 has its own closed-loop water cooling with an active fan flowing over the heatsinks for the VRMs. My old XFX 7970 Ghz Edition card would sometimes hit 90C in intense gaming sessions but this card has yet to go over 68C! Previously I had to run with the side panel off, but no longer. This makes for a quieter gaming room.

Off to do more testing! Thus far, I am super impressed. My benchmark scores thus far with the Performance setting set in both:

3DMark11: P15590

Firestrike: 13430

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
PV
Group Captain
Group Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, we've arrived at off-the-shelf water cooled vid cards. Yipes.

I thought you were going to be posting how you'd received an OR DK2 -
ok, a bit late for that, I know.
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only wish I had an OR DK2!

Yeah, and honestly if you have a big enough case - closed-loop water cooling is the way to go. Soooo much cooler and quieter.

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
LesterBoffo
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall a website where someone chronicled their DIY cooling solution by immersing their gaming rig in a 20 gallon aquarium filled with light mineral oil. Apparently it worked really well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> Hardware and Drivers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: