Downloads - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups  - Register  - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in 
Gun Convergence

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> Add-On Developers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skid
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Gun Convergence Reply with quote

Ok, I have broken the back of the texturing issues I've had (many thanks for all the help) and I'm now stuck on something else Smile

The forward firing guns I've added appear to be a little askew and fire a little left of both the plane and the gunsight I've added. I tracked down in Tailslide's archive how to set the gun convergence in OPS, but everytime I try and Apply or Ok a convergence range with a gun highlighted the blinking program crashes. This happens on all the versions of OPS I have (1.42 is the highest I have, I mostly use 1.3).

Can I do this by editing the SM as text, or is there a trick to fool OPS into actually working ?
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... Works on my end with OPS v1.30! Make sure you have all of the guns properly named, and matching the names in the GunList property for the Pilot. Also, I would turn off FSAA and anisotropy filtering for your graphics card when working in OPS.

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Skid
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh, sussed it. I was doing it from the pit.sm, not the pit within the plane.sm. That work fine Smile

If I could ask one more question, which might be my last, but I somehow doubt it.

On the terxture tab all the .tif's listed point at the original plane I copied from. How do I change them ? When I double click on them a box comes up and I change the path, but OPS then ignores my change. Neither OK nor RELOAD do anything. Plus the ... button doesn't work, which makes me this it might be struggling to find the location, but it does exist. It's allowed me to change the owning .sm's ok.
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ... button never worked for me either. However, if you change the texture location go back to the Models tab and Save the SM (File- Save). Then exit OPS and start OPS again. Now open up the SM you just saved and you will see that the texture ref change you did indeed did stick. Keep in mind that you must open the SM file that the texture refs reside in to keep the change to stick. If you change an SM file that is referenced in a parent model and reload, none of the changes you made to that referenced SM will stick.

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Skid
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bingo ! I didn't realise that the save button wasn't actually saving the texture changes. Going back into the model obviously fools OPS into thinking it needs to save it.

I must say, this OPS software certainly has some undocumented features Smile How you, Razer, Mace, 7mks et al produce your wonders I'll never know !

Now I just have to work out how on earth I broke the undercarriage lower and retract feature........

Last edited by Skid on Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes OPS is a very buggy piece of software! But works better than trying to edit everything by hand... I learned as I went, and asked much the same questions as you. Smile

I should add it worked much better in Win98 with IE 5!!!

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> Add-On Developers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: