Downloads - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups  - Register  - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in 
OPS Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> Add-On Developers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skid
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: OPS Questions Reply with quote

From one of the planepack threads, talking about adding crew.

ArgonV wrote:
Just a copy/paste in OPS into the right spot and a few name changes.

Just curious, but copy what from where ? Is it a pilot.sm of some sort ? I'm just tinkering, after giving a Defiant some forward firing .303s I'm trying to see what other planes I can wreck just to satisfy my own curiousity Smile

Oh and what version of OPS is best ? I seem to remember the latest had issues.
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OPS v1.30 is the best. Don't forget to set your Media path in the View - Prefs menu at thet top. Use OPS v1.42 ONLY when you have problems with DOFs that won't stay at the correctly rotated angle, and use OPS v1.42 with Parse Proplists unchecked in the Prefs menu to avoid hosing your aircraft's property lists.

To minimize crashing OPS in Win98SE or WinXP, after you edit the properties list of an object be sure to click one of the other tabs on the right side (LOD or DOF) before moving on to another object.

To copy a gunner for example from one aircraft to another, open up an aircraft's SM file you know has a gunner that you would want to use in OPS v1.30.
Find the file reference to the gunner.sm file (Should look something like ./aircraft/AircraftName/AircraftGunner.sm).
Select it then copy it (Edit - Copy at the top of OPS v1.30) to a similar place in the file structure of the new aircraft (Edit - Paste in the new aircraft's SM file).
You can then copy in explorer the gunner.sm file into the new aircraft folder, and update the file reference in OPS by double-clicking it.

Now to minimize strange things happening with the new gunner once copied (Such as him moving with the gun when you don't want him to), copy the gunner from an aircraft that has a similar kind of gunner station. Also BE SURE to paste him into the same object tree location of the new aircraft as he was on the old aircraft.

For guns that are fired by the pilot - Be sure to add the gun object's name in the Pilot's gunList property as well as in the loadout.ppf file otherwise they will not work.

I can answer basicly any and all OPS questions so if you have more fire away! Smile

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Skid
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Argon, that's great. I'll have a play Smile
Snick
Chief of Staff (ret)
Chief of Staff (ret)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Skid this is cooler aircraft. The ground is waiting, you had enough prcatice diving on me, you can do it on your own (leave a big hole in the ground) now...

"I once made a diving attack on Snick and ended up as a hole in the ground" - Skid
Skid
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's never as much fun on your own......
Skid
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argon, I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

I've added a rear gun to the Swordfish and, although it's not strictly accurate, I want it to pivot on a central post. I can get it to turn correctly on that single point, but it won't go up and down as it should. Rather than the end of the barrel going up as the butt goes down, like a see-saw, the gun raises its barrel by swinging backwards with the butt ending up in the gunners lap. Any ideas ?

And I seem to have given the rear gunner the ability to drop the bombs. What have I set wrong ?
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like the crew position is not defined properly in OPS. Look for the CCrewPos property and set it to gunSlew.

For the gun rotating improperly, you need to select that object in OPS and change into DOF mode (Click on the Camera icon in the upper center of OPS). Then, on the right side click the DOF tab. You should now see a red and blue cylinder. Move this with the arrow keys on the keyboard to change the center of the pivot.

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Skid
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Argon, sorted the gun Smile

Weirdly the bomb dropping gunner doesn't appear to be a Swordfish fault, I can do it in lots of planes, on different installs. I've never noticed it before.
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah good!

Neither have I in regards to the bomb dropping!

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> Add-On Developers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: