Downloads - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups  - Register  - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in 
Excuse me while I vent

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> Site Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PV
Group Captain
Group Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Excuse me while I vent Reply with quote

The download submissions form is evil evil evil evil. Every time I write up a submission and hit "add this file", if I've forgotten anything, like what "terms of use" is about and whether it wants to see a "yes" or a "no", or I haven't filled in all the required fields like "title", it rejects the entry and kicks me back to the submissions page HAVING VAPOURIZED MY DESCRIPTIVE TEXT, WHICH I JUST SPENT FIVE MINUTES CRAFTING . OK, so I should be more competent and get it right at least on the second try, but keeeripes, that is just nasty. It's bad enough that it points out how stupid you are not to get the form right, without crumpling your text up in a ball and tossing it in the incinerator right in front of you. That is cold, man. #evil #evil #evil #evil #evil
FlyXwire
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I was wondering what you were doing over there listed in the DOWNLOADS section for so long!!! Wink

What a bummer PV. Sad
Commando
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Write it up in notepad before, copy and paste it in the number of times you get it wrong.

Agree it should retain the text but notepad is a work-round till its fixed.
PV
Group Captain
Group Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, Commando, I had that figured out by the second time; I just was too overconfident and underattentive the first two times. Generally I quietly kick myself for not being sufficiently clever and cautious, but well, you know, there was a little too much "christmas cheer" involved in both the errors and the response. Smile And of course it didn't help my self esteem that this isn't the first time this form has done that to me - if it weren't for the incipient alzheimer's, I'd have been using the notepad method to start with.
Commando
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, another senior moment Smile

With advancing age they just get more frequent. Crying

The booze doesn't help but makes for a longer life taken in moderation, you then can have even more senior moments. Cool
PV
Group Captain
Group Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> Site Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: