Downloads - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups  - Register  - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in 
FS-WWI Plane Pack 4 Patch to-do List:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> FS-WWI Developers Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoL I know FlyXwire... I've seen his work for RS and it's great! I was being a bit sarcastic.. Poke Tounge

I eargerly await Mossie!!! Cool

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mossie
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a review and got the poly count down to 4213, from 4800. Also tided upthe geometry a bit for items attached to cabins. The gas bag is in three sections. All other components are seperate as well.

How would you like the model. AC3D or 3DS or something else. I have Deep Exploration as well now, so can convert to most fomats.

On the WW1 motorcycle I have both model and texture done, needs rescaling. Again how would you like it ?
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send me the Zepp in AC3d format please. Sounds good!! Big Grin

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mossie
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On its way..... Smile
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*BUMP*

Gotta keep focused...

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
FlyXwire
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you've got at least six months of work there if all parties concerned were to start TONIGHT!!!

For example, it took a good month to do the Morane cockpit alone............so I count five cockpits............a couple of hi-res skin projects.........the Zeppelin..............that's way into next summer if you're lucky!!! Shocked

I think you would be better served funding a cloning project instead. LaughLaughLaugh

Hey, I'm trying to maintain my sense of humor here Argon, but what tha.......
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cloning!! Many a time have I thought about this... Big Grin I could clone you, Recon3, Mossie, Gypsy9, wakeup tailgunner and myself about 5 times over. Now that would be a developement team! Twisted Evil

6 months is about what I figured. Not really a long time in the OpenPlane world. Good news is the Zeppelin is already in progress as is the Ilya A and most of those cockpits are about 25%-30% completed as-is right now.

All I need to do now is find people who can help me. Crying

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started the Vickers F.B.5a cockpit. Nearly done. Smile

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Vickers F.B.5a pit completed:

Zeppelin Beta 2 completed as well. I'm on a roll here! Laugh Hurry up and get your PC issues sorted Recon3... Wink When that S.E.5a gets completed we don't have that much more to go!!! Cool

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albatros B.II cockpit completed:

Big Grin Anyone have any pics of the Halb D.II cockpit?

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
FlyXwire
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do Argon, but then you've got another flying barge to spend months on implimenting into FS-WWI first.

Just a snippet:

Not long after the Armistice, a small commission of British experts began showing up in cities, at factories, and at railroad stations across western Germany. They had come to dig up whatever firsthand evidence they could on the effects of the bombing campaign carried out by Independent Force, and its predecessor, the 8th Brigade, during the last year of the war. The air-intelligence staff had already poured over maps and aerial photographs, and in many cases had been able to plot the exact location where every single bomb had fallen during a
British raid. The British commissioners now sought to fill out that picture by interviewing factory workers and directors, examining municipal records and photographs that had been taken by the local authorities at the time of the raids, and studying countermeasures that had been instituted by the Germans.

The results were not encouraging. In fact, they were abysmal. The heavily bombed Badische works had almost completely escaped damage; a large proportion of the bombs had dropped between buildings. Blast furnaces had suffered a few hits, but most of the damage had been superficial: masonry dislodged, roofs and windows broken. "Only in a very few cases were vital points hit," the British investigators reported. The aim of the attackers was "very erratic both day and night." Workers were puzzled as to what portion of the works the British had been trying to hit. "Generally speaking, the directors did not attach much importance to air raids.. .. Damage had invariably been repaired at once without any difficulty, and in very few cases had any stoppage of work resulted." Indeed, the director of the Badische works "expressed surprise" when asked "if the works had been stopped as a result of bombing"; he said he thought it would be "an impossible undertaking" to shut the factory down by aerial attack.

Despite the heavy concentration of attacks on railroad lines and stations by the Independent Force, those raids seemed to have had equally little impact. Just hitting the target was hard enough: a survey carried out by the French Army, when it reoccupied the Briey Basin, found that of 1,300 bombs dropped on Thionville station, only 100 had landed on the target at all, and a quarter of those had failed to explode. The British survey found, furthermore, that even when the bombs did fall in the right place and did manage to explode, the resulting interruption of rail traffic was minimal: "The enemy worked out large schemes for diverting the traffic in case of necessity" around damaged points; trains could be rerouted at "a moment's notice." On the rare occasions when a truly vital junction was hit, the movement of trains was delayed for at most forty-eight hours
while the damage was repaired. Railroad officials, signalmen, and linesmen were interviewed, and "the consensus of opinion of our bombing by the German officials is summed up in the word 'annoying.' "

Get the book Air Power, by Stephen Budiansky if you want to know more about the failures and over-blown claims of the Great War's strategic bombing campaigns.

Quote:
"Generally speaking, the directors did not attach much importance to air raids.. ..

Then why are we???

Maybe someday you'll get some more useful models for FS-WWI developed, but with all these white elephants on the build list, I'm afraid you'll never have the chance to fully implement the essential building blocks of a WWI air combat sim in "our time".............and this is very 'annoying'!!!

You want to build the quintessential British strategic bomber, get the DH 4 built for FS-WWI. This is an aircraft with so much historical utility, versatility, and renown that the HP 0400 pales in comparison................and we can really put it to a wide range of mission tasking in our games too!
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's time are we talking about here? I've got plenty! Poke Tounge

Personally I like the 0/400 more than the D.H.4. It's got lots of guns and a load of pickles to boot! Just my type of WWI ride. Wink He is working on a D.H.4 btw...

Send me the Halb D.II shots when you can please so I can get it out of the way. Big Grin

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ca.33 cockpit work has begun. Smile

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've got most of the cockpit done! Just need to add some tubing here and there and sort out the center console throttle arrangement. Then on to the gunners! Big Grin

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I have thus far:

Big Grin

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> FS-WWI Developers Area All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: