Downloads - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups  - Register  - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in 
FS-WWI Plane Pack 4 Patch to-do List:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> FS-WWI Developers Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Recon3
Group Captain
Group Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kind of hesitant to install over-top my main folder 'cause I'm not sure if it will over-write anything I've been working on lately.
Is it best then to install the '.exe' to a 'Desktop' folder and pick-and-choose what needs to be added/changed ?
If so, maybe you might give me a heads-up on which stuff.
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Will download next time I'm over at a friend's house with DSL. Going to update the FS-WWI distribution CD? Sort of lost track of my last master CD among all the SDOE CDs I've got laying around.
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recon, Aladar made a new model and texture. We were using the old one from Targetware.. I would suggest making a backup copy of your Media folder and just copy what you have been working on from it into the newly patched install.

I will indeed update the master. There are a few changes coming in the final that DDT and I have found.

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Recon3
Group Captain
Group Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Targetware!?!? ...really! Shocked
How old is Targetware anyway?
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a copy of my entire media directoy then installed the patch, like Argon mentioned above. Seems the easiest way. (if you have the space, lol)

Anyone else using Direct 3D? Can you run the Zeppelin Mission (Symbol of the Kaiser) in the Albert mission directory? I found that whether flying RFC or CP it would CTD randomly. I've already talked to Argon about this. He tried a fuel level tweak and it seemed to extend it, but the crashes still happened. Only when switching to OpenGL was I able to play the mission all the way through.

That would be fine except that OpenGL causes the refresh rate to drop and my old (ancient, really) monitor can't handle 1024x768 resolution at anything less than 75hz in full screen, so I get this tiny little window with the edges wrapped around itself. So basically, until I upgrade, I have to use D3D. (I use D3D T&L HAL to be exact, I dunno if the other D3D option would be better or not)

Just curious if anyone else has the same thing happen. See if we can't narrow down what's going on.
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the more testers and feedback the better! Smile

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
DDT
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Argon, I started that new CP pilot last night. I noticed there is another recon/get to know the area mission, but for the CP instead. It's right next to the Albert recon (Marlincourt Recon? Something like that, I can't remember what it was called exactly). Just below it actually. That too should be moved to the top.

Actually.... would it be possible to combine them? Put both forces on the map at the same time and allow the player to either choose his squad, or go with whatever the game allows him based on pilot. It would cut down on the number of missions visible where only the enemy's side is choosable. (I still find that rather odd, most of the missions are automatically restricted, but every so often you can choose the enemy, or even worse, can *only* choose the enemy).

Also, the CP recon was in an Alb D.1. I forget what the RFC recon was in, but, the first "mission" is Gunslingers of 1915, and it's Fok E3 vs DH2. Would make sense to not have later planes in what (at least seems like it) is the first mission.

Take a look at the briefing for the very last mission on the RFC side. There's a mis-spelling there, but I forget what it was now. I know that's minor crap that doesn't really matter, but, in the grand scheme of things such polish should be on the list somewhere, and it is an easy fix. Smile (I don't want people to think I'm nit picking. lol)

Oh, would it be possible to have the take off and landing missions in the training section have mission goals? The recon missions grant "mission complete" either based on time or reaching a certain point or something (dunno what it is exactly). A mission success is normally the criteria for pilot's wings/badges. Sometimes you have to fly a mission with kills to get a mission success and then go into the pilot file and manually re-order the medals so it makes sense (can't get a kill award before you're even qualified as a pilot... lol). (And while I'm thinking about it, it might make sense to combine take off and landing for a training mission anyway. Since ya gotta take off if you want to land, and if you do take off, ya gotta land. lol)
Recon3
Group Captain
Group Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Mossie build the Lewis?
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aladar built the Lewis.

DDT, what the heck does CP mean? Sorry I'm not awake yet!! Laugh I will see if I can get the order correct. It should be based on date. I'll fix the spelling error too. Combine the two recon missions? I don't know Major Hippie did the campaign and I don't want to step on his toes..

We can add a waypoint to the taking off missions. It might take a while to do, but it's possible. I want to keep the landing missions there however, it's nice to start right above the ground on a landing path. You can test things easier that way and it keeps to the original game design.

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
DDT
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CP = Central Powers = Germany and Austro-Hungary.

Regarding combining the missions, I understand, it's not that big a deal. It's just that for the most part, the game automatically selects, or even restricts, the squadron you can fly for based on pilot nationality - IF it's one of the nationalities present in the mission. (ie, if your pilot if German, Jastas show up pre-selected and sometimes are even the only option, whereas if your pilot is American, you could pick any of the squadrons)

I think it doesn't look as good as it could if it were to be totally consistant, and particularly so if it would prevent you from picking RFC if you're German at all, etc.

Like I said, the way it's currently set up, there are some missions where you can choose, have preselected, or even can *only* choose to fly for the enemy, which is odd.

Also, regarding the objectives on the takeoffs, cool deal. Smile I see what you mean about testing and such with the landings. And it does make it more user friendly. It's just that most people don't bother to land at all I suspect. Plus, training was scarce and you had to sink or swim (or, fly or crash, as the case may be) back then. You were taught the basic principles, checked out on the controls, taxiied around with the instructor on the wing a little, maybe did some little hops (like you see new prototypes do, full power run down the runway, get up a few feet, and then come back down), then were thrown into the fire and had to solo for your first real flight. Would kinda add to it if that's what it took to get your wings (or badge). Mr. Green
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I fixed most of the Albert Mission spelling and added waypoints to all of the Taking Off missions. It's released! Smile

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> FS-WWI Developers Area All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: