Downloads - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups  - Register  - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in 
Rudder Pedal Calibration
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> Hardware and Drivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Recon3
Group Captain
Group Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought the CHpropedals (I'm using Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital 3D)and I have the same problem Irish had. He said...

"I can't get any rudder deflection to the port side of the fin."

If any of you guys use rudder pedals and a stick, can I please have you show your keyboard.inp 'rudderAxis' details?

Thanks! Recon3
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have TM Elite rudder pedals with my TM HOTAS Cougar so it sees it as one device. It will not be any help to you I'm afraid. Sad

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Recon3
Group Captain
Group Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I think I'm just going to buy a new stick like Irish did. The hat switch on the one I have doesn't work so good and it's a 15 pin connector attached to a USB converter into my PC (lol) and some of my games CTD, probably because of this.

I think it's time to just Let Go
Chief of Staff (ret)
Chief of Staff (ret)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, wish I had seen this earlier. I had the same problem a while back when trying to reinstall SDOE, and if I recall rightly, the answer was using the CH Control manager -- you can use it just to redefine CH controller axes without having extra controllers . At the time, I was using the Saitek X45 HOTAS with the CH Pro pedals USB.....and the problem was the rudder axis definition. The problem was, as I remember, the fact that using multiple controllers forced the pedals into being assigned a axis other than what SDOE needs.

As I recall...and it has been a while....I DL'd the CH CM software and simply set up a quick profile that only redefined the pedals' axis ( to RZ, I think -- or, perhaps just to Z, as it wasn't originally recognized as the axis SDOE was looking for ) ). After I did that, the pedals worked fine. I don't know if it would still work that way -- I no longer have SDOE installed, and now use a CH Fighterstick with the X45 throttle and the pro pedals ( stick and pedals defined by CH CM as one device via profile ).

Sorry, Irish -- if I had stopped by quicker, might have saved you the trouble Sad ....although I am sure you are happy with your new setup. Hopefully, this might help someone else in the future. Recon3, I don't know if it would make a difference in your case -- I think the CM requires 'pure' CH USB controllers. If yours are the USB pedals, it might be worth a try.

BTW....anyone with a CH product who has not tried the CH COntrol Manager software, I can say, it is marvellous......well worth a tryout. As it should be, with Bob Church behind it. Wise move on CH's part -- I think a lot of us 'old timers' recall Bob's old Stickworks stuff.....it saved our virtual pilots' careers more than once. Smile
Recon3
Group Captain
Group Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ordered the CH Combatstick 568. Geez, it's expensive for looking so 'simple'. Sad
But I really like the way pedals move; sliding forward and back, as well as being able to press them up or down.
Hopefully the pair will make it all worth while.
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recon3,
When you get the stick and before you attempt to integrate the two devices with the CH Control Manager software, take a look at my posting as part of the thread "Need help with CH Products" under the "Help WW1" forum. It describes my lessons learned with that particular aspect of the setup. Might save you some time.
Recon3
Group Captain
Group Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Irish. I've saved the link. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> Hardware and Drivers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: