Downloads - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups  - Register  - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in 
Zeppelin L-11 Alpha Released for testing:
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> FS-WWI Developers Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mossie
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try and find some Type R specific missions to be used as a basis for the game. The book has a few.

Also do you want any info re the Zep base, both locations and facilities to improve its look ?
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zepp base? Currently we jut have the airfields in Somme... Tho I could probably turn one into a base. The tiled Zepp Hangar is giving me problems tho... Seems AC3d's export and OpenPlaneStudio's import doesnt like tiled textures. Sad

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mossie
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeppelin Actions of L11 and other suitable R Types

May 10 1915
First Naval R Type delivered to Nordholz, Naval Airship Division HQ.

April 29 1915
First Army R Types raid Britain, Bury St.Edmunds, Southend and Ramsgate.

May 31 first London raid by LZ3, dropping 3,000 lbs of bombs.
June 2
Naval L10 attacks London, carrying 2 X 110lb, 20 X 20lb and ninety incendiary bombs

June 6
L9 attacks Hull
LZ38 turned back
LZ 37 bombed by Dunkirk RNAS aircraft.
LZ 39 also attacked near Ghent, but returned.

June 15
L11 and L10 attack Tyne, L11 returned with broken crankshaft

Flight Log:
L10 Flight 12, base Nordholz, Take-off 1:30pm, Landing 9:27 am, Time in air 19 h 53 min, Distance 969 miles, Average speed 48.7 mph, Max altitude 8850 ft, temp 37.5 deg F, Crew 15, Fuel loaded 9770, used 6840 lbs, oil loaded 871, used 293, ballast loaded 8050 lbs, bombs 5,840 lbs (53 bombs), gas used 353,000 cu ft.

Weather: Moderate wind on NE coast, Fine clear sky

May 3
During Dogger Bank (Jutland) L 9 has encounter with Harwich submarines, tried to sink them with bombs, unsuccessfully.
Number of engagements during this time over Dogger Bank till Early August.
Other R's involved: L11 plus some earlier models L5, 6 and 7.

So period of sea recon and anti-ship operations.

Also this time, HMS Engadine and rest of Harwich Force attempt attack on Ems and Borkum airfields using Shorts 184's. Some other aircraft were used, but not noted in Zep book, I think it was Sopwith Schneider or Baby's. Later notes that Engadine launched Schnieder's to attack the Zeps, but all failed to get off due to rough seas.

Number of Zeps attacked this force.

Aug 9-10
L 9, L 10, L 11, L12, L 13 to attack London.

L 9 went north to attack Humber, rest to London to hit the dock area and city centre.

Flight logs available, not sure that they add much value.

Is this level of detail enough ?

The repeating textures are already on the reast of the Zep shed, the sides and concrete base, are these displaying correctly ? If they are, then the problem may be the transparent valus ont he windows, you can make this normal by setting "trans 0.4" to "trans 0" using a text editor and trying again.
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good! Big Grin

The Hangar textures show fine when in AC3d, but once impoted to the game the textures become blurry and streached. Sad I've talked to Razer he may beable to export in MAX and the import in OPS from MAX may work instead of using LOD.

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
WingChaps
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossie wrote:
Zeppelin Actions of L11 and other suitable R TypesIs this level of detail enough ?

Oh, yes that's quite sufficient! With that link FlyXwire gave and the book I have, this will make for some nice missions.

OR...

Maybe PC777, who's expressed an interest can do a campaign using some, and I can the rest. Left to myself, I'd take your missions, add some from Fly's source, then add missions from my book which would set up a campaign running from the beginning of airship warfare to it's sunset. I'd do most of them using the WWI Dover, but some using the Somme for those missions where airships appeared over the trenches.

WingChaps
WingChaps
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArgonV wrote:
You have a good point about the Archi! Tho I've not actually ran into too many problems on my end. It will be lessened in the Patch however. I can't get the spotlight to tack the Zeppelin... I don't think the archi will eitehr but I will test it out.

Would it be possible to make a ground unit that randomly fired archi bursts in the air above it? Maybe random altitudes, and slightly different burst points?

What I'm thinking of is for the Zeppelin. Let's say we assign a city as a target, which is more or less what they mainly did, or a port facility or a factory complex. You'd scatter some of these guys in and around the target area, and some spotlights (which, I guess, since they aren't tracking the Zeppelin they'd just randomly wave around. The idea is that the Zep would have to drift over the target to bomb it, and MIGHT get hit by one of these random bursts...

It's odd that I've had AI aircraft attack the Zeppelin, but not Archi...

WingChaps
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question, I will see what I can do. Smile

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> FS-WWI Developers Area All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: