Downloads - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups  - Register  - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in 
Sho' is QUIET in here...

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> FS-WWI Developers Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WingChaps
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Sho' is QUIET in here... Reply with quote

So let me liven things up a little. Back when he offered, I accepted the Mystery Modeler's offer to learn aircraft modeling. There is a late-war scout I've wanted for a long time that's the object of these lessons, and it's coming along nicely!

In between lessons, I've been working on another aircraft, an obscure scout, just for extra practice. Recently, I've been captivated by another (also obscure, but with a famous pedigree). I've ordered a couple of books on her and her more famous sisters, the first of which arrived today, and I'm pretty stoked! I'll probably ask if anyone has a cockpit shot soon, there's one feature I need to know about... I'll do one of this one's more famous sisters when I get this one done.

I'll share more information a) when my teacher says it's okay, and b) when I can take a JPEG that looks like the whole airplane...

He said, and it's true, that modeling is addictive. This guy, by the way, amazes me as a modeler! The ability to pick out bad poly's at a glance... unreal! I can't wait for his Handley Page to take to our skies.

I post this to let you guys know there are some pretty neat things going on. I have a renewed appreciation for this sim, and our WWI ideation of it. With Harman_5 returning his attention to the ground units, more gaming goodness is on the way. Perhaps I can help him more this time than I did the first go 'round.

By the way, does Harm have access here?

WingChaps
Flatline54
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you're into the modeling. I hope that is a late Nieuport or a SPAD 13 you are working on. Wink Keepup the great work!!
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He should have access... I'll post here what I PM'ed Wing Chaps:

DDT and I have been VERY busy fixing the Dr.1a and Camel FMs. What I have now is almost dead on. Some people may find the new Camel FM a bit tough to cope with, but the numbers match. The Dr.1a should now give the Camel an ass whoppin in a turn fight and the Camel should have much more E now to dive away and such.

I've been waiting for Tailgunner to send me the HP O/400 but he's had a busy past 2 weeks with real life work and such. So nothing on that front yet...

I've been trying also to find skinners for the HP O/400, Hannover and Zeppelin, we shall see how this comes along. Seems many just don't have time this time of year for such things!

Also, I've been meaning to start the Halb D.II cockpit and such this week but I have been swamoed with work and real life things.. But I will get this done if it kills me!

Until then, onwards! Cool

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Recon3
Group Captain
Group Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear you're into it now, 'Chaps.

It's like a drug and IS addictive, isn't it!!! Laugh

Not having a working PC, I've been 'clean' now ( Wink ) for 65 days , 2 hours and 53 minutes, and don't even think about it anymore Liar
It feels like I just finished my 12-step program and on the road to recovery....(not if I can help it tho) It's just a matter of funds, ATM.

Good luck!

cheers, Recon3 [/i]
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you mate! I hope funds find their way to you soon. Big Grin

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mossie
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WingChaps, PM or e-mail me re data for your mystery birds, I might have some data.
Harman
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news Chaps! Nice to see you've been bitten by the modelling bug too! Poke Tounge Looks like I'll be opening an office for you in the HMW afterall now.

With the WW2 vehicles sorted for a while to come now, I (we? Cool can really start revamping those ageing WWI vehicles we worked on all those months ago.

HMW is definately ready to accept the challenge of more vehicles, both WWI and II. I'd really like to get underway, a WWI version of the GP that would bundle all the WWI vehicles together and at the same time ensure they're all revamped to the latest standards like the WW2 vehicles currently are at.

Interesting developments are on the way!

Cheers, Harm

P.S I take it by posting here, I have access to this forum. Cool. Very Happy

www.harmanmotorworks.com - if it's driveable and it's SDOE, it's here!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear Harman!!! I hope to see something like the WW2 Ground Vehicle pack. Big Grin

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
Hentzau
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever since Dantes posted a few of those screenshots from some of the trench terrain that he stopped working on I've sort of wanted to try and revamp Nomansland into something useable. Brain dumped what little I learned WAY back so I'd be starting from scratch. The repeating tiles of DF have me interested also.

As I've got several copies, I'd offer a copy of FS:SDOE to someone turning in a skin for the HP and a copy to someone turning in a skin for the Zeppelin if said skins meet ArgonV's approval. You can include that in your pleas for modelers if you want. Guess that would be more fruitful than the copy I sent to BvH. lol
Recon3
Group Captain
Group Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I think I'm back...officially. But... "Sho' is QUIET in here..." Sad
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Grin Excellent to hear!!

The Masked Modeler is still working on the HP 400 and Aladar is doing the skin. Can't wait to see the S.E.5a revamped!!!! Cool

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
Recon3
Group Captain
Group Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll post a pic of what I've done before my PC died back in Jan.
It's a bit more than what you've seen in the already posted pix.
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good there! Shocked Cool

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> FS-WWI Developers Area All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: