Downloads - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups  - Register  - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in 
still a problem with th rudder

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> Hardware and Drivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grandcharles
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: still a problem with th rudder Reply with quote

hi all,

I have just bought a CH Pro Pedals USB.

I run the joystick application and find the name CH PRO PEDALS USB and the axis for the rudder

I added the line joystick1=CH PRO PEDALS US in the sdemons .ini in the 1.6.0.6 folder

I added the line inpRudderAnalog=Joystick1AxisZ in the keyboard.ini in the same folder

AND IT DOESN'T WORKS Mad

before I used my saitek x45 and all works fine. My saitek always works fine (even the throttle...).

can someone help me please....
Recon3
Group Captain
Group Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is something I saved to help me:

How timely! See my latest post resolving my Rudder Calibration problem. If he's using all CH devices, he needs to download the latest CH Control Manager software from the CH Products website (www.chproducts.com). It's free, but isn't supplied with the controllers. The software will combine them all into a single virtual device with integrated axis and button assignments. He should also download a baseline map from the site for the particular controller combination he has; the map won't have button assignments yet, but the devices will at least be combined properly. The file goes in the Program Files>CHProducts>Control Manager>Maps folder.

There is a bit of a learning curve because the user manual that downloads with the software isn't exactly explicit about some key facts. I had to call their tech support number twice for clarification. Follow the installation instructions carefully.

1) Make sure the controllers are connected before installing the CM software; use Windows Device Manager if necessary to delete any previous driver installation for the controllers, and reconnect them immediately prior to installing the software;

2) You must click the Map Mode button in order for the software to combine everything (the individual devices will disappear from the Windows Game Controller applet and be replaced by one called CM Device 1 or similar, depending on how many different controller combinations you want to manage for different games);

3) You must first Load a map to assign buttons, but you must also then click the Download button to send the map to the controller.

4) You need to uncheck the Direct X box on the screen for each button in order to be able to see the fields allowing button assignment;

5) You need to right click in the Programmed Function fields to get the option allowing you to record keystrokes;

6) In order to use the Shifted button assignments, one button only on the controller must be assigned the Shift button by clicking the little check box, so that when you press the button (not the keyboard Shift key), it shifts the button assignments for the entire controller. (For ergonomics, I recommend the little pinky button on the bottom front of the Combatstick, Button #4, or equivalent).

Once combined, double check the FSJoystick utility to make sure that the controller it's seeing is the same virtual CM Device 1 that should now be in the Windows Game Controller applet in place of the three individual controllers.

There's also a CM Control Center Utility he can download from the same site, which has some additional functionality such as allowing you to print a picture of all the mapped assignments, quickly loading different maps, and launching the games
Group Captain
Group Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the link:

http://www.openplanesim.com/viewtopic.php?t=2128&highlight=ch+pedals+recon3
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive had this problem, when takeing off i mostely noticed it i had hardly any right rudder especially with Hurricanes and Spitfires.
So i turned up the sensativety of the rudder and then ended up with a plane i had to keep correcting all the time Sad
Im gonna give that a link a go thanks Recon.

http://www.geocities.com/b_a_dark/FSSDOE.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> Hardware and Drivers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: