Downloads - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups  - Register  - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in 
Saitek X52 User?...some help please guys with trim wheels...

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> Hardware and Drivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thetonester
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Saitek X52 User?...some help please guys with trim wheels... Reply with quote

Hey guys....just sorting out my new christmas present...ive assigned the elevator trim analogue to axiss RY(Big wheel) and the rudder trim analogue to axis rx(small wheel) but in game they seem to make little difference....

Also does anyone know how the little scroll wheel on the back side of the throttle is identified in game...when i test its movement in control panel...rolling it forward makes button 33 flicker(not lite up,just flicker), and rolling it back makes button 34 flicker...i tried assigning it to zoom but have had no success..
DDT
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you run FSSDOEJoystick.exe (located in your patch directory)?

That will tell you what SDOE sees each axis as. By the sound of it, the stick is treating that rotary as a series of button presses. Which is odd. Is there anything in the software to change that? (<- IE, my Cougar will let me make a profile that treats any axis as keys, or sliders, or even both, depending on how I want to do it)

It might be easiest to map that back to a slider(analog) through the Saitek software. Failing that, how did you assign it in the keyboard.ini file (and which keyboard.ini did you use)? If you show us the actuall lines from the file, we might see better what is going on.
thetonester
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for ya help DDT...i have managed to set up various analog inputs bfore without a probby on my previous sticks so i have fair idea how to word the entries in the INI...i think its more an SST software thing that is the prob...i was kinda hoping that someone here that actually uses an X52(im almost positive someone must)could just say 'hey man, i did this'....once again, thanx for ya attempt to help mate, its very much appreciated...T
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> Hardware and Drivers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: