Downloads - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups  - Register  - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in 
Caproni 42 Zeppelin Hangar Raid

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> General Discussions WW I
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:29 am    Post subject: Caproni 42 Zeppelin Hangar Raid Reply with quote

These are shots of the Caproni Ca.42, being the latest project under developement.

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Darky1
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Smile

http://www.geocities.com/b_a_dark/FSSDOE.html
LesterBoffo
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, I like the ground scenes, How do you get those?

That's something I missed in TW-RS offline play, was the ability to view from the target's perspective, which is something that was available in RedBaron3D.

Bombing in Richthofen's Skies was done really seat of the pants. I was always pleased when I could get one or two of the target's buildings to receive some damage. but bombing it RS from about 7000 feet up was always dicey for accuracy. At least in FS-WWI you get damage mapping on the ares you miss.
Razer
Group Captain
Group Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the last one! Nice shot of the attack.

Coming Soon: FSHangar.org
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks gents!

Lewis, that is the latest Somme terrain for Plane Pack 5 + Patch. Does yours not look like that? Bombing in FS-WWI is tricky as well... Not all of the sites are accurate, and if they are only at certain heights. But you do get the crateers like you said to help judge in the future bombing runs.

I love the fact that in Fighter Squadron, I can choose mid-mission which aircraft I want to fly. Really adds to replayability. Happy

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
LesterBoffo
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I believe I have the latest and greatest plane pack 5+. Back in March I downloaded everything I could find concerning FS-WWI, both the .ISO and the .exe and the SDOE tutes and additional development programs.

What keystrokes bring about the Target's view of the attacker? Or is that a clever F2 shot from the Zeppelin?

Last edited by LesterBoffo on Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, then it should look like that! Smile

You should just need this Plane Pack 5 All-In-One: http://www.moddb.com/mods/fighter-squadron-world-war-one/downloads/fs-wwi-plane-pack-5-all-in-one-exe-installer

And this Patch: http://www.moddb.com/mods/fighter-squadron-world-war-one/downloads/fs-wwi-plane-pack-5-patch-v10

That's a clever F2 shot from the Zepp. Wink

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
LesterBoffo
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I flew a few missions last evening. It's a good aircraft, although like Argon says it's got a lot of interior work yet to be done. The fun aspect of it is the number of stations you can man on this beast. There's 3 gun positrions plus the bombardier and the pilot. I set up in QMB a couple of aggressive Jasta encounters just to see how much damage it will take and how good it is at defending itself.

It's better defended in groups that fly in echelons or abreast. As it is, the sim seems to want to do trail astern formation. So you have to keep manning the squad leaders pilot's position to bring the first plane back enough to keep a knot of fighters from hammering them in single file. The two rear facing guns are effective and unlike the CA32, if you shoot at or through your tail surfaces, you will damage your plane.

Nudge, wink, wink,.. Smile
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LesterBoffo wrote:
The two rear facing guns are effective and unlike the CA32, if you shoot at or through your tail surfaces, you will damage your plane.

Thanks for the feedback!

The way SDOE does hit detection on if you can shoot your own plane or not is how far away the objects are you are shooting. If they are far enough away you can register hits on yourself. If the objects are still considered close, the bullets pass right through. There is no way to make every piece detect a hit if you decide to shoot yourself. This is a hard-coded limitation.

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> General Discussions WW I All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: