Downloads - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups  - Register  - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in 
Did some "FM" modding to the BMW R75 driveable sid

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> General Discussions WW II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LesterBoffo
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Did some "FM" modding to the BMW R75 driveable sid Reply with quote

Opened the .sm for the German sidecar driveable in SDOE in OPS a couple days back.

Oddly enough it seems to have nearly the same powerplant that the original AECAA truck in FS-WWI has. So I dropped the HP down some, from about 300 ( really?.) to a more close to stock 22 hp @ 2900 rpm. and also gave it 40 foot-pounds of torque at 2500 rpm and geared it @ 2.8:1 to a larger hidden 6 blade prop with wider chord blades.

I also lightened it by about 1000 pounds.

Hey! it gets better fuel mileage, climbs hills better and goes faster, much faster in fact.

It's really dangerous now.
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey great! What's the top speed now? The thing was a speed demon already, you might have to add a drag airfoil from one of the FS-WWI kites to get it to behave.

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
LesterBoffo
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got up to about 80 on a gentle down hill just before I hit one of those 3D gradient transitions, it became airborne and landed on it's side. I think my driver may have died.

I traversed every hill I pointed it at in the French part of the Dover terrain, I swear I could hear Julie Andrews in the background singing, "climb every mountain..." Laugh

It does have this annoying rocking horse DOF thing that's always going on, I'd like to diminish it or replace it altogether with a working suspension.

Hey I need to talk to you further about a possible easier solution to the shadow f0 edit.

Cheers
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah afer a side landing/crash, the driver kinda kicks the bucket...

By all means if you have any ideas with the f0, and to make it easier I'm all ears! Happy

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
LesterBoffo
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well is there anyway to import the pertinent LOD text into an .XML spreadsheet editor? It would be more selective about the text and where it resides in the columns it replaces them in, wouldn't it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> General Discussions WW II All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: