Downloads - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups  - Register  - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in 
So what's everyone up to?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> Jade's Playpen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: So what's everyone up to? Reply with quote

I've been taking a bit of a break from most things SDOE! I've got a ton of new games to play, as well as updates to old ones I'm exploring. On top of that this summer has been filled with trips, parties and of course work. What is the rest of the community doing over the summer?

And on another note, are there any SDOE add-ons out there that you maybe were excited to see but that never got released in a completed state or at all? My biggest one was a completed Dauntless and the detailed terrain updates from Rends. Also, a Gotha G.IV! I think Nuum way back in the day had an alpha...

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should mention, the games I'm playing most now are:

Skyrim
Battlefield 3
Rise of Flight (Latest patch with weapons mods)
World of Tanks
Tribes Ascend

I've got others that I've only just scratched the surface on:

Rage
L.A. Noir
Dead Island
DCS: A-10C Warthog
Steel Fury 1942
Battlestations Pacific
Battlestations Midway
PT Boats - Knights of the Sea
PT Boats - South Gambit

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
whirlwind
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly drooling..

http://www.airdromeaeroplanes.com/index.html
blue_six
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Argon and Whirlwind, nice to see some activity here on the forum. It's been pretty quiet here lately, and when I couldn't access OpenPlaneSim earlier in the day, I had a sinking feeling that perhaps I'd missed the memo and someone had turned off the lights here for good.

Haven't turned a wheel in SDOE for a long time I'm afraid. Finally got a strong new PC for flight simming last spring, but have been spending what sim play time I have on RoF, and FM development time on BoBII and FSX (A2A add-ons). Most of my free time is spent cycling - summer is short up this way, and it seems a shame to waste it sitting in front of a monitor...

blue six

P.S. As far as not yet released SDOE add-ons are concerned, it would be very nice to see a certain Sea Fury get out the door. No pressure though, Mace Wink
PV
Group Captain
Group Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I've been scrambling about getting bits of BoB2 v2.12 together for imminent release,
basically as soon as everything works and is packaged; but I'm now going to take a break,
and go sliding by blue six's home on the way to Brandon to visit my brother and son.
I've just successfully run up BoB2 on my new laptop, so I will probably putter on some
development stuff while I'm there, but otherwise will just sit around and absorb the summer
(which only arrived here about two weeks ago).
3dp
Air Commodore - JAG
Air Commodore - JAG

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it's mostly been about which high school for my eldest son. Long and short of it: After many discussions and debates and even re-financing the house to be able to afford sending him to our second choice (a pricey private school and my alma mater), we were just informed that he's been accepted at his first choice (a free, excellent, out-of-district school for which he was on a waiting list). The notification came just in time as we would have been financially committed to the other on August 1. Did have a nice week at the beach in there too!

As for sims, I'm finding most of my time, believe it or not, spent with CFS3 with its ETO, MTO, PTO, and Rising Sun add-ons.

Having mastered DOSBox, I'm also spending nostalgic time with the likes of Tornado and Great naval Battles.
Skid
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see some life here

Nothing much computer flying wise, although I did have a Lancaster fly over my house the other weekend at almost rooftop height, which was very, very cool Smile

Games wise, Skyrim (does that game ever have an end ?!?!) and conquering Japan several times with Shogun 2.
whirlwind
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually bought the "starter kit" for MS Flight off of Steam last night.. I should dig out my stick and see what is what with it.

Recently I've been playing a sometimes frustrating World of Tanks. It is quite addicting.
Jerry
Group Captain
Group Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sim time for me this summer. Just returned from a six-week vacation. Four weeks in Italy, a couple days in England, Queen Mary 2 to NY City, and AMTRAK cross country to Oregon. Trip of a lifetime. #monalisa
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news every one! Especially the BOB II news and vacationing. Happy

I haven't seen a Lanc in these parts of the States for quite some time Skid, that much have been exciting!

3dp, I'm with you on revisiting some old DOS games. Many I never got the chance to play when they came out! DOSBox isn't easy, but it's not that difficult to run either. Glad you've got your Tornado on. Cool I just reinstalled CFS 3 this last week and got it running good. I need to download the ETO, MTO, and PTO campaigns. Got any good links?

whirlwind, MS Flight is fun but not for the hard core. The graphics are great though, and it runs very smooth even of older PCs.

I haven't touched anything with SDOE since the last release we did for FS-WWI, which was the Pioneers of Flight add-on. I still have the Indy wing I've been meaning to complete! PoF was a nifty project, we've gotten some nice compliments over it. It's almost got 100 downloads from ModDB as well! A lot considering it was the secondary link.

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
3dp
Air Commodore - JAG
Air Commodore - JAG

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the apparent demise of Netwings, I pulled most of the CFS3 stuff I have from SimOuthouse or just used Google to search! No clear one-stop-shop like we've had for so long.
Manuel
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As not beeing a typical Gamer, I really have onle two (old) games installed: SDOE (WWI as well as WWII) and Ghost Recon. So, I think I may me a Fighter Squadron user for my lifetime...

This summer is going to be a bit stressy: A move to a bigger home with a wonderful big garden. Problem: You don't see anything of the garden yet, as the Pre-Owner never did anything out there for years. Looks a bit like a Jungle...

Then, my boss is getting more and more annoying, as our company was sold to a strategic investor. Numbers to be delivered every half of a year, and the numbers shall be rising up every period. Not possible, shure, but you guys all know what a fund analyst wants to see...

And as my last point, the sweet little baby needs his daddy. He is learning to walk at the moment, and my older son (3,5 years old) needs me for plaing with his collection of excavators.

I got a couple of stuff for SDOE here. Things I did not create but found them some days, like a F-14 Tomcat, a GeeBee racer, and a UH-1 heli.

I created like 100 missions in the past, most with a storyline. Maybe I pack them together. Also working on some addidional Japanese squadrons, as we have only five yet. All cosmetical stuff.
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes I too have copies of the F-14, GeeBee and the helo. Any releases you could provide would be great! New content or updated content is sadly lacking right now...

I do understand that real life needs its time, my wife and I are going to start trying to have kids in December. Smile

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
Razer
Group Captain
Group Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting back into R/C been away much too long and really enjoying what i've missed. I have been playing a ton of Birds of Steel on the 360. Love me some PTO stuff.

Here is a few planes I have

Clocked this one at 95mph yesterday but looking to do more with some tweaks.

Coming Soon: FSHangar.org
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! balsa, or composite/plastic? Also, I don't see any WW1 birds in there?! Wink

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> Jade's Playpen All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: