Downloads - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups  - Register  - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in 
Happy Thanksgiving!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> General Discussions WW II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LesterBoffo
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Happy Thanksgiving! Reply with quote

Just popping into my favorite WWI sim's website and sharing some cheer.

Very Happy BTW I've got a few new WWI kites, not sure how deep into RL Jason is right now. Look Round

Hope you are all well and having a nice holiday season.

Cheers,

Lester
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy sir!!

And some holiday cheer right back at you. Smile I'm sadly very heavily involved in real life. I really need to get on converting over the WWI kites you've already sent! How are things are your end?

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
LesterBoffo
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fairly quiet at the moment, although on the Flightgear front, Marc from the Lake of Konstance, FG Hangar has been helping me with making FG into a motorcycle racing sim.

I just started to make bikes for the Isle of Man course, he's actually making new roadways, faster bikes, and incredible scenery mods.

We have Isle of Man, The Northern Ireland NW 200, and Dunrod-Ulster GP's, the Macau GP, and he's presently made a new scenery in Northern Estonia of some odd little GP race course. It's all rather heady stuff, since I'm a bit of a motorcycle enthusiast. Surprised Dozens of bike liveries to go with the 3 bikes he's made.

I'm curious about what EULA's would be required for any FS-WWI conversions to FlightGear. I've got the FS-WWI Morane-Saulnier N in the sim now and I've also modded it into a Morane-Saulnier BB. it has a better LeRhone engine model. Also made a much improved version of the Aviatik C-II, although it's the early war B-II.

ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgeous screenies sir!!

As long as you give credit to the original artists I believe you should be ok. Recon3 did that skin job, Sv and Nuum did the 3d model and I did the 3d model revamp. Smile

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
LesterBoffo
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK that's something I can do easily in the initializing splash screen. plus there's a EULA text readme, Creative Commons 2.0 that reminds the user to respect the original artwork of the artists by not using any parts for any payware program. Usually its called a noncommercial use agreement.

Do you want the Morane BB model?

I'm making a WWI aerodrome for MP use at Belfort-Chaux, in the Vosges Mountains region of Southern France (ICAO-code LFGG) and I'd like to populate it with the FS-WWI static ground objects, buildings, AA guns, etc. Who do I attribute the artwork for these?

Yeah, Thorsten's new terrain and weather shader and ambient light shader effects are making the sim really, really nice. The trees wave in the breeze, the water surface gets waves, whitecaps and reflects the sun, and the grass textures sort of squiggles around a bit like grass in the wind. Looks good from the cockpit.

We're still, unfortunately, way, way behind SDoE in weapons models, AI ground targets , AA guns, damage modeling and having your AI aircraft fight as a team.

One of my wishes is someday to port or load and run as a sub-routine the SDoE programming in the FG property tree, although I'm not sure if the original intent of the Activision use clause would cover or allow tinker ing with the base SDoE coding. It's been far too long since there was a decent freeware and fairly open source air-combat simulation that runs in OpenGL
Smokey
Air Commodore - JAG
Air Commodore - JAG

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy belated Thanksgiving all!!

Nice screen shots!!!
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good LesterBoffo! Yes please go ahead and send it my way. Thanks! Smile

Indeed shaders are really where it's at these days. I wish SDOE had shaders... Sad

I believe the AI coding is a separate part of the SDOE OpenPlane engine. But they are designed to read parameters in the physics engine itself and react accordingly. I could be wrong about that though.

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
LesterBoffo
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason,

Quote:
I'm making a WWI aerodrome for MP use at Belfort-Chaux, in the Vosges Mountains region of Southern France (ICAO-code LFGG) and I'd like to populate it with the FS-WWI static ground objects, buildings, AA guns, etc. Who do I attribute the artwork for these?

I'd like to get your approval to use the 3D objects and textures at Belfort, to include in the Scenery as a download. (we have a few guys wanting to start operation there.) Is Mossie one of the artists? I'll need his approval also I'm guessing.

Does Mediafire work OK for sending you the files?
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops sorry! I missed that. The 3d Model and artwork of the ground objects were done by Mossie. The terrain paints of the airfields and towns were done by Recon3.

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> General Discussions WW II All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: