Downloads - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups  - Register  - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in 
A shout out from the crypt
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> General Discussions WW II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dance
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: A shout out from the crypt Reply with quote

Hi all, used to be an avid member of the community back in the day. Just wondered who else was still around? Cool
blue_six
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dance, nice to see an old familiar callsign. I still drop by here for a look every once in a while, but haven't flown the old girl for several years. After my first love (SDOE) I drifted into tinkering with flight models in BoBII, followed by FSX, and finally Il-2 CloD. ATM I've set aside FM work (as it was becoming way too much like real work) and just fly DCS recreationally. What have you been up to?

Best wishes,

blue six
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you in these parts sir! Also glad the password reset worked ok. Smile

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dance
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Blue, likewise Smile

I hadn't flown SDOE for many years, but got involved with showing kids how to code and get involved with artwork and 3D modelling stuff and thought it would be a fun way to demonstrate it.

In the process I discovered the huge amount of work that had gone into after I left for IL-2, got the WWI and II installers patched up to the last beta and got caught up with trying stuff instead of teaching XD

Understand how modding can get old, I got involved in modding for Race Sims after, but it became a chore and distracted from the fun of racing. Had a spot of ill health for a while and have only recently even got CLOD.

Hmm DSC, I only had a brief experience of it on someone elses PC but I could get into it now I guess.

Yep thanks Argon worked like a charm Smile
oscar
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got SDOE WW 2 installed on a win 10 system and it runs great. Not so otfen here nowadays but itīs great that we still have this site. Greetings to new and old friends!
blue_six
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dance, I forgot to mention - I did a small update to one of your original works, the Harrier, a few years back. Here's a link: http://www.openplanesim.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4975&highlight=harrier As you can see, I dedicated the effort to our good friend Scorpion Rouge, who fell by the wayside. I never did fully understand the magic behind your VTOL system, but it worked quite nicely.

blue six
Dance
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to another addict, Oscar Wink

I found it Blue and was quite honoured that someone took it up as a project. You all did a good job to make it more than a beta Smile

BTW, you wouldn't happen to have the Huey 2 Beta I was working on around the same time I did the Kestrel? If you have I'd appreciate it. It seems there was a lot of work on choppers after I left and wondered if they borrowed my FM, not bothered about that but it was another baby of mine like the Kestrel FM Smile
blue_six
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Dance, I don't think so. I think your best bet would be Argon; a well-known pack-rat. Seems to me someone else was looking for the Huey a while back, and Argon had a copy.

Mace did some nice helo work, after you'd departed, but sadly has been MIA for several years now.

blue six
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've looked through all my backups and sadly I can't seem to find it. I have the Beta 2 from Jag and Razor, but not the one Dance worked on. Sad

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dance
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's ok guys, Argon had already searched for me. I was upset to hear about Scorpion Rouge, I like his work. Hope Mace has just moved on. I'll tear a few of the available choppers apart, I'm just interested to find out the method used. They're all smoke and mirrors really Wink It was the greatest thing about the community and I guess still is, the ingenuity :oooh
LesterBoffo
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to look through my old 'dead' HDD, but I might still have the SDoE helicopters I downloaded years back, if it's on an accessible HDD sector.

I've also re-installed SDoE from the Australian link with the .iso download but it's not working for me this time.
Dance
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Lester.

Is it a download or installation problem with the .iso. I can upload it if you like? Or let you know how I got things running.
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the WWI stuff, don't use the Aussie ISO. Use instead the All-In-One links in Option 3 at www.fsww1.com

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
LesterBoffo
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well no, it's not the FS-WWI install, it's Hip63's Sweet LaRhonda's modded SDOE installation from the download at the now defunct Australian PC Game Repository website.

Would I be breaching a EULA agreement or contract with the old developers of SDOE and Hip63's modded installation by hosting it for others to download?
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good question... I would argue at this point it's abandon-ware. Reason being is I have been hosting the FS-WWI stand-alone for quite some time, as well as the 1.6.0.7 modded patch.

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> General Discussions WW II All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: