Downloads - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups  - Register  - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in 
screen resolution question - 16:10

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> Help WW I
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manuel
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject: screen resolution question - 16:10 Reply with quote

Hey!

Just installed FS:WW1 on a PC in my living room.

Yes, I've set up a Windows 10 minitower for my living room, because I do not like gaming consoles (no Playstation, no Wii, and so on).
My kids play their games, my wife can research her things on google, and so on.

Perfect. No, just nearly perfect: WW1 has a very slight issue, which may be fixed.

First thing: I have set the Windows desktop scale to 150% (so you can read everything much better when sitting on the couch).
Every full-screen program runs just fine, but SDOE seems to still run in "150% Mode". I can set Windows 10 back to 100% scale before starting SDOE, but can this be automated? Like some kind of .bat file?

Second: I am running the latest patch, but under OpenGL32 I can not select 1920x1200 (16:10).
Is there a way to set up the resolution "by hand" in some of the .ini files?
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Manuel, I'm not sure about your first issue. You may try some of the Compatibility settings you can set on the shortcut to launch SDOE.

On your second question - are you using the 1.6.0.7 Beta Patch that enabled widescreen resolutions?

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Manuel
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey.

Yes, I am using the 1.6.0.7 Beta Patch

I know that the 16:10 resolution 1920x1200 is no so usual. I can select the 1920x1080, but you clearly notice that the screen is distorted.

With my first issue, I must check some of the windows forums. There may be a way to force a program to start in a windowed mode, maybe then it will run at "100% scale".
Worth a try. If it does not work, I will have to do six extra mouse clicks before starting the game. Smile
ArgonV
Air Marshal - Site Admin
Air Marshal - Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked, and while 1680x1050 works, like you, 1920x1200 does not work. I have been using 1680x1050 this entire time apparently.

I would try the Win 10 compatibility settings regarding the shortcut, by Right Clicking on the shortcut, clicking Properties, then going to the Compatibility tab. There is a "Disable display scaling" option.

FS-WWI Plane Pack Site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Manuel
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I got it working.

You just have to add "-windowed" in the shortcut

So, my link now looks like this: "E:\Local\FS-WWI\SDOE FS-WWI Patch 1.6.0.6\App.exe" -windowed

The Menu looks very small, but the game itself runs at 1920x1080 in windowed mode. I have the Windows 10 desktop bar below, but it does not disturb me.

It is not a big deal that I can not run it in 1920x1200, it looks brilliant with the solution I got now.

Case closed, solution found. Happy

May that sim live for another 20 years...
Blind_Faith
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and in the task bar parameter screen there is a check box that will make the task bar invisible.

It will pop back up when you mouse over it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OpenPlaneSim Forums Forum Index -> Help WW I All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: